prelude

A light kiss was pressed to the angel wings that were tattooed on Valerie's shoulders. Still tangled in the silk bed sheets of the big bed Jason Dilaurentis and Valerie Reed were enjoying the aftermath of last night. They had spent every free moment together this summer. Every moment Valerie wasn't expected to be with her friends or Jason wasn't expected at work. They were kind of proud how good they were at keeping their little secret. That no one new that when the sun went down Jason and Valerie were tangled up all night. '

' Goodmorning Angel.' Jason Dilaurentis' raspy morning voice spoke in Valerie's ear. Val started blushing of the closeness they had. She turned her head to be met with the boy's forehead so they were pressed together. ' Morning.' She smirked lightly as Jason crawled on top of her to give her a passionate kiss. Neither of them had ever experienced this feeling before. The butterflies with only the sight of the other, the goosebumps with every touch and the empty feeling the second the other left the room.  Valerie Reed and Jason Dilaurentis were in love. 

But neither of them could admit it, because of the fear of losing the thrill of sneaking around, the excitement of touch and no one else on their little affair. They knew that if they said the word ' love' they had to tell their friends. Jason nor Valerie was ready to do that. To tell not only her best friend, but also Jason's little sister.  Ali would have both of their heads on a stick if she found out. Her friends were off limits for her brother who she always described as a 'loser junkie who only cared about getting high and drunk with his stupid friends'. 

The thing Jason loved about Valerie, that she was probably the only person who didn't look at him that way. The way she looked at him was all the drugs he needed. He got high on it. He got addicted. 

For Valerie it felt the same. She was so depended on his affection, his touch, that she didn't realise that if one thing fell apart, she would go in the dirt with it. 

Than on the last day of the summer vacation, it happened, they fell apart. Hard. Getting clean was going to be harder than they would ever think.