I Promise You This,

Did I drive you away?
I know what you'll say,
You say, "Oh, sing one we know."
But I promise you this,
I'll always look out for you.
Yeah, that's what I'll do.
I say, "Oh".
I say, "Oh".

Nathalie was now awake and progressing with her proper recovery day by day.

"Why did you save me?" Nathalie rasped, her throat unusually dry,

Gabriel placed the straw in the pink platic cup of water right by her lips, letting her take a few sips.

"Thank you,"

He simply smiled in response and rubbed her hand.

"Because besides, Adrien and Emilie, you are the most important person in my life." Gabriel looked straight into her eyes.

Nathalie nodded in understanding and tilted her head down, her heart clenching in her chest when she heard him mention Emilie.

"How did you save me?" Nathalie shuffled in the bed.

"Your notes, even on the brink of death you're still here saving yourself." He chuckled and shook his head.

"I guess I am," She smirked.

Those three words rung at the back of Nathalie's mind, her heart urging her to say them but her brain shutting her up.

The mood in the room suddenly changed and Gabriel was gripping her hand tightly, afraid to let her go.

"I promise you this, I'll always be here for you and, Adrien and look out for you two, even if I'm six feet below." Nathalie attempted to lighten the mood with a joke but that just made it even more depressing.

"I'm sorry," He replied simply.

A/N: Short but in the next chapter there's fluff I swear