Chapter 1: A Ominous Threat

It was a beautiful sunny day in the land of Hyrule, birds were twittering and there wasn't a single monster in sight. Link let out a silent breath of exhaustion, as he collapsed onto the soft grass on the edge of a small town in Hyrule Field. He had spent numerous hours helping rebuild a small village that had been partially destroyed by the Calamity.

"Link?" A voice called as Link erected his head towards the voice

Walking down the grassy slope was Princess Zelda, holding the mysterious Sheikah Tablet in her hands. She laughed when she saw Link lying on the rock with a dishevled appearance.

"Look at you", She said with a smirk, "the hero of hyrule, tired out from simple field work!"

"You should try carrying 10 bundles of wood at time, Princess" Link groaned as he stood and stretched his back.

"Oh enough with the formalities", the Princess of Hyrule said with a wave of her hand, "We've known each other for so long, you can drop the ceremonial talk." 

"As you wish, your- Zelda", Link mumbled before walking closer towards her.

Zelda giggled, then returned her face to a neutral more serious one. 

"I heard the Yiga Clan had started attacking us more frequently, we must find some way to stop this."

"Well I think that we can stop them if we target their main base, which is somewhere in the Gerudo Desert."

Zelda was about to say something when a suddenly, out of thin air, 2 Yiga Blademasters appeared. Their crimson suits were muddied and bloody, and their masks had cracks and fissures in them. 

"Your time has come hero,"  one of the blademasters snarled, as Link's face hardened. Reaching for the legendary blade on his back, he pulled it out and immediately engaged in battle. Swerving across the field like a lion hunting for it's prey. Suddenly, one of the blademasters' teleported right behind him, it's Windcleaver ready to slash through his body

"Link!" Zelda cried out with fear.

But Link turned and parried the blow so quickly that the Blademaster was stunned, giving Link space to slash him across it's chest. With a cry of pain, it teleported away. It's partner, who had been circling around Link, saw the opening as Link was focused temporarily on the fleeing Yiga. Rushing in, the Blademaster slashed his blade across Link's shoulder, leaving a deep cut behind. 

Hissing with pain, Link turned and sliced his blade in quick succesion, eventually resulting in the Blademaster to flee, not before saying. We'll be back hero, and next time we'll be stronger than ever...

Breathing heavily, Link sheathed his sword. The blood from his wound was slowing oozing onto his champions tunic, making it a crimson red. 

Link leaned on his sword, thinking in his mind: The Yiga attacks have been growing recently...

"Princess!" Zelda and Link both turned to see Purah rushing towards them, as Link grimaced in pain from his wound.

"I know you like Sheikah Technology." she panted, "Thought you might wanna check on something SPECIAL"

Zelda looked anxiously back and forth between Link and Purah, then looked at Link again.

"Well what are you waiting for, let's go!" 

AN:  

Hello! This is my first book and I hope you are enjoying :D   I'll try to update at least once a week. Peace out folks 

~ Flaming