Chapter 7

Katie slowly approached the lookout she was unsure if Ryder would be able to talk to her and she didn't want to interrupt his trials. Ryder heard her thoughts "I hope this is okay, maybe I should just go back home" Katie was debating inside her head. Ryder stood up from his bean bag chair and walked out of the lookout, "Hi Katie" Ryder greeted her. "Oh hi, I wasn't sure if you were in what is it a trial thing? This is all so confusing" Katie said. "I know it was to me at first too, I only do one trial a day as it could mess with my system if I do more. I can maybe explain things a little if you like" Ryder said. "Sure want to go for a walk?" Katie asked. "Sure just let me tell the pups." Ryder said. "Pups I am going for a walk with Katie, I will be back soon" Ryder said. "Okay Ryder" the pups said as they continued playing in the grass. 

Ryder and Katie started walking and she said "What is this evil being?" "I don't know yet, I assume that it shows its true form once my trials are complete. It is said to gain power everyday that I do. I don't understand exactly what it is or how I am to defeat it." Ryder said. "What if you get hurt doing this? I mean I am worried for you" Katie said. "I can't be hurt Katie, one of my abilities is to heal. Chase is also really worried and I am not sure how to convince him that this is all going to work out." Ryder said. "Abilities?" Katie asked, "Yes after every trial I gain a power, they all do different things. I can change the weather and control it and I can also heal. I do have another power but I haven't told anyone about it" Ryder said. "Oh can you tell me?" Katie asked curiously. "No I am sorry" Ryder said. "Darn I was hoping I was special. I guess I understand a little bit more." Katie said in her head. "Do you know what the next trial is?" Katie asked, "Nope not until I have the serum, it basically sends me on quests. That is why Red Wolf was worried about me being interrupted, if I were to get distracted out of the path I was set on I could fail the mission and I only really have 1 chance. If I don't get all my abilities I won't be able to defeat this evil. From the sounds of it I want to get all my powers, this thing scares me a bit" Ryder said. "Me too, well it is getting late I better get back to Cali. Thanks Ryder for explaining it to me. I will make sure everyone in towns stays away from you" Katie said. "Thanks, just tell them if I don't talk to them not to talk to me" Ryder said as Katie walked away and he returned to the lookout. 

As night fell in Adventure Bay and everyone was going to sleep the evil presence gained more soldiers as he had 20 now and most of them from Foggy Bottom. The evil decided that Adventure Bay citizens were to close to the PAW patrol and he couldn't risk his plan failing. 

The next morning after breakfast again Red Wolf had said "Which colour today?" "Green" Ryder said, "Yes the best colour" Rocky said. Ryder laughed as Red Wolf injected the green serum and Ryder waited for instruction. "Hope he is safe today" Chase thought as he watched Ryder. "Welcome to the Green Trial, this is a nature quest and is a little dangerous. Please begin walking outside and your quest will guide you" the voice said. Ryder walked outside and towards Big View Trail as he walked deeper into the forest he heard panic. There was a pack of wolves in front of him a few feet and he could sense they were in trouble. Ryder walked towards them and said "Please don't worry I can sense there is trouble and I am here to help" not sure if they would understand him. The wolves could feel that Ryder was being truthful and one wolf walked towards him and howled. Ryder was shocked as he could actually understand, "Bears trapped your 2 alphas?" Ryder said. The wolves howled again, "Don't worry I will get them back for you" Ryder said as he thought of a plan. Ryder looked around and saw a bush that he was sure were the rosin berries which are poisonous. He felt bad taking them off the bush but the bush instantly grew more as if he didn't take them. Weird can I communicate with plants too he thought as he found a thorn bush. Ryder was thinking out loud as he did this "I need enough thorns so that I can mix them with the rosin berries and then I can some how poison the bears" As he said this the thorns fell off the tree and formed a large thorn big enough to throw almost like a dart. "Cool thanks" Ryder said as he realized he was talking to plants, he mixed the berries onto the thorns and went on a search for the bears.