the story

a/n: listen to that playlist, its great!

ps this story is short and shit

enjoy ;)

----

The boyhad stood silently throughout the story. Supporting the throne from the shadows. He was the assistant of the dark king. He had to deal with taxes while the king got to kill people. And interact with the heroes. The boy wanted nothing more than to be able to sass the main hero.

But the dark king kept him hidden. For four reasons.
Number one, he was transgender. In the eyes of the kingdom he was a monster. A creature worse than the king himself.

Number two. He was the kings son. That meant he was the king's only weakness. Because despite his cruel personality, the king cared for his son. If for no other reason than the remaining love for the long dead queen.

Number three, the boy was skilled only in illusion magic. He could weave exceptionally wonderful illusions with little effort. However, these skills were of little use in battle. And the king refused to risk the loss of his most powerful illusionist.

Number four, the boy was mute. The king believed that he was helpless because of it.

He was, of course, not helpless. The boy had been trained in martial arts to an expert level. his skills could rival the king himself.

In addition to that, the boy knew enough obscene hand gestures to discourage most attackers.

Now for the first time ever he was was to be in the public eye. The rebels had been defeated and his father was crowned as the Emperor. The boy and his father were hosting the first masquerade ball of the new empire.

The boy grinned at his reflection in the mirror. his suit looked like it had been woven from starlight. Dark blue with golden beads embroidered into the fabric. His dark shaggy hair was neatly twined with golden threads.

The short cropped hair set a perfect frame for his ocean colored eyes. His mother had always told him she could almost see the waves and fish in his eyes. He chucked at the memory.

It was the first time in a long while he had felt comfortable in his own skin. His fathers voice signaled that it was time to make his appearance. His momentary joy flickered and died. He sighed and turned to the door.

On his way to the door he scooped up a blue cloth mask. It too was beautifully woven with golden threads.  Tiny jewels glittered around the eyeholes. He slipped it onto his face and neatly tied it behind his head.

With a glowing smile plastered onto his face he stepped out into the gaze of the people. He waved and stopped beside his father.  "I present to you, Prince Ross" The Emperor boomed.

Rosina smiled down at the people and politely waved. Inwardly, he was cringing at the amount of eyes upon him. Ross tried his best to keep his eyes away from the eyes of his people. He settled himself upon the throne at the Emperor's right hand. He patiently waited until the rest of the aristocrats were announced.

As soon as he was able he excused himself to explore the ballroom and be around other people.  He smiled and nodded at anyone that seemed to wish to talk to him. At one point a masked young man approached him and grabbed his elbow. He quirked an eyebrow at the boy.

The stranger seemed to be his age,

"Hello Your Highness, may I have this dance?" He hummed

Ross scowled and thought about it before reluctantly nodding and allowing the boy to take his arm. He was confused as to why a male would wish to dance with him. The boy was about a head taller than him. He quashed his irritation, reminding himself that he had an excellent shot at all of this stranger's weak spots.