Another rival

Kiana woke up because of the sunlight from her window was blinding her. She grumbled in frustration before getting up and closing the blinds harshly. She went back to her bed and snuggled up in the blankets again, before slowly fluttering her eyes open and looking at the clock. She suddenly sprung up of bed and immediately started getting ready since she was going to be late for meeting up with her friends. She ran out of her dorm while trying to fix her hair, which had tangled knots. She internally screamed as she pulled on one of the knots. She passed a hallway and saw her friends walking to the academy's garden. She yelled at them to wait for her and they all turned to her. When she was close enough, she huffed and puffed while crouching on her knees. Some of them asked what was wrong and she questioned them if she was late for the meeting, which they laughed at and replied, saying that the meeting was in the evening. 

"so I ran out of my bed for nothing!?" Kiana said, obviously frustrated at herself. Her hair was still a mess and she was thankful that it was the only thing out of place. Alan started laughing even more, before Kiana slapped his arm, which caused him to shout in pain. "OW hey!" He replied while rubbing his arm, where Kiana slapped. "Don't laugh at me! You don't understand how hard I was trying to run with freaking heels!" Kiana replied, before Geordo walked up to her. She looked around and saw that Catarina and Mary was missing. "Good morning princess, mind if I do your hair?" He said while smiling playfully at her. "Hey back off you idiot, you already have Catarina!" Alan said, pulling Kiana behind him. "Actually, about that, we decided to break off the engagement while Kiana was missing, since there weren't mutual feelings." Geordo replied while shrugging. Everyone shouted an either 'WHAT!?' or 'REALLY?', before Geordo took the brush that Kiana was holding. "Wait-" Alan was cut off by Geordo dragging Kiana off to another hallway to do her hair. "Shouldn't we follow them?" "I think it's okay" Alan said, which Maria replied.

"Wait Geordo! Slow down for god's sake!" Kiana said, before they arrived at a bench. They sat down and Geordo turned Kiana around so that her back was facing his chest. "Alright I think I can work something out of your bird nest, tell me if it hurts." He said, before starting to gently comb her hair. Kiana just stayed silent and let him comb her hair, since when she tried to do it, she almost ended up with her entire hair in her comb. Even though she thought she would  wince at the pain when Geordo comb her hair, it felt like nothing. "Just down?" He purposely said near Kiana's ear. She immediately flushed, before nodding slightly. He brushed everything out, before making a small braid on one side and tied it with a small white ribbon. "There, much better than that bird nes-" "yeah yeah, thanks." Kiana cut Geordo off and turned around with a smile. "No problem." Geordo smiled back. It turned silent, as they just stared into each other's eyes. Geordo suddenly but slowly, leaned in, causing Kiana to panic. She leaned backwards, before turning to her left, causing Geordo to plant a kiss on her cheeks instead. She was blushing now, while trying to hide her face with her hand. Geordo opened back his eyes, before chuckling. 

"Why are you so cute? I don't even remember how I started taking interest in you

"Why are you so cute? I don't even remember how I started taking interest in you." He said to Kiana. "..is that a confession?" Kiana asked with wide eyes. "Hm, maybe." Geordo replied, before standing up. "I have to go now sadly, student council work is still present. See you at break, Kiana san." He said as he gave her a smile, before walking off. Kiana was still leaning backwards in the same spot, frozen. 'Great, now I have 3 guys interested in me' She thought with a deadpanned expression. What, You thought she doesn't know about Geordo, Alan and Nicol's feelings for her? Well you thought wrong. She finally stood up while grabbing her brush and walked to her classrooms to start the day. 

Time skip

It was evening now, and the day was slowly coming to an end. Time flies, doesn't it? Kiana was...bored, since she didn't had anything to do now. She sat down in the middle of the academy's garden, before lying down. This made her see the setting sun, as the winds blow past her. She sighed out loud, thinking about the events that occurred recently, before someone laid down next to her. She looked to the side, seeing Nicol also looking at her. "Nicol...long time no speak, huh?" She said with a playful smile. Nicol nodded while smiling slightly. "Lady Selena send you a letter this afternoon. I was searching for you to hand it to you." He said while handing Kiana a letter. "Oh? Let me see." She replied while unfolding the letter.

Dear Lady Kiana,

I have very good news! After arriving back at Prince Ian's resident, I had a proper talk with him, just like you suggested me. Turns out you were right, he thought it was improper to show a lot of affection, so he restrained himself from me. But when he found out why I did the kidnapping and everything, he didn't hesitate to promise me that he will show love to me everyday! Thank you so much Lady Kiana, because of you, our relationship has grown in a massive way...I'll forever be in debt of you! Please let me know whenever you have a problem or a matter to discuss with someone, I'll do anything in my power to help you! This is what friends do for each other, right? I hope so...Anyways, I hope you have a good day!

Sincerely,

Lady Selena

Kiana read the letters while smiling to herself. 'I'm glad it all worked out for those two..' She thought to herself, before folding the letter. "It's beautiful right?" Kiana's eyes widened a bit at Nicol's words as she looked over at him with parted lips. Her eyes returned back to normal, before she smiled while nodding her head at him. "Indeed.." She said as she looked at the slowly setting sun. "This is the second time I watched a sunset with someone..but this reminds me more of when I watched a sunrise with someone." Kiana said, which Nicol looked at her at. "Would you like to tell me who you watched a sunrise and sunset with?" Kiana smiled again slightly. "The sunrise was with Alan and the sunset was with..Rufus."  Nicol seemed surprise with the second person, obviously. 

"If you're comfortable, you can tell me what happened since you got kidnapped." Nicol said as he continued staring at the orange sky. Kiana paused for a few seconds, before agreeing to tell Nicol about the events that happened when she was kidnapped. She told him everything that happened and how she got to know Rufus, but she left out the part where he almost kissed her and when he pushed her on the bed. After that, they caught up with each other and talked about other things, before Kiana had to go back to her dorm because it was getting dark. "I'll walk you back to your dorm before I go back, would that be alright for you?" Nicol asked as he stood up and held out his hand towards Kiana, who was still on the ground. Kiana gave Nicol a closed eye smile, before taking his hand. "That would be nice." She replied, as Nicol pulled her up gently. They stared into each other's eyes while still holding each other's hands too. "Kiana....I..I.." Nicol started speaking, not breaking eye contacts with Kiana, before letting out a disappointed sigh while looking down. "Nevermind..let's go, before it turns night." He said as he pulled Kiana towards the dorms. 

'Was he...going to confess to me? No, I shouldn't assume without being sure..' Kiana thought as she watched Nicol's back. They soon arrived in front of Kiana's dorm and Kiana opened the door while looking back at Nicol. "..Thanks for walking me back." Kiana said to Nicol, while holding the door with a smile. He shook his head and returned a small smile. "It's my pleasure.." He said, before it got silent between the two of them. Kiana hesitated, before letting go of the door and hugged Nicol, which caught him off guard. She pulled away with a pink tint on her cheeks, before Nicol could return the hug. "Ahem..good night!" She said, before rushing in and closing the door, leaving a mouth-opened Nicol. He recovered from the small shock and smiled to himself as he looked at the closed door, before deciding to go back to his resident.