Chapter 4

When I left him there, I felt bad but started laughing uncontrollably. I have no idea why. This may sound weird... But I laughed myself to sleep, only to awake to a new morning. The morning I would be going to my first public school... Alone. I packed all of my stuff up and ate very quickly because I needed to get to the main office ASAP. I didn't want people walking all over me.
*AT SCHOOL*
I refused to let my mom tell them that I'm deaf because, well, I didn't want the extra attention, not to mention being picked on. I walked into what I assumed to be the main office and sat down. I saw someone in front of me holding my schedule out to me and talking really slow... Thanks mom. (note the sarcasm) I got to get a tour around the place with the principal, and may I say, this L.A school is giant! I soon get into my first class and the principal introduced me (leaving out the part of me being deaf, thank god) I sat down next to a boy with brown hair and brown eyes. I got a note passed by the boy on my right. I opened it up and it said "hello. My names Shawn, do people ever tell you you're very pretty, wanna ditch 2nd period with me?" I looked at him and shook my head no... To both questions. He looked kind of angry thank goodness class was over when he started getting mad, i just needed to get out of his class. Gosh, if everyone is short tempered like that, this is going to be a long day.