Chapter Five: Midoryia's POV

Why was Kachann so threatening? I thought as I copied a note from the board into my notebook. I could feel his ruby-red eyes bearing into my back and I grimaced, trying to ignore the feeling of uncomfort that traced my muscles. What was he upset about now? It was probably something stupid like coming too close to his desk or walking strangely this morning. Something dumb like that. It was simply, unnerving. "Now," Mr. Aizawa snapped, my thoughts dancing from my brain and my eyes snapping to attention. "As you all understand, this is a difficult training session. However, you are specially selected students of UA Academy's Hero Department, therefore you can do it if you all go," He paused, waving his hand around in a circle as he waited for us to finish. A smile blossomed across my face.

"Plus Ultra!" The class cheered in unison, pumping our fists in the air.

The air grew dense. I lowered my fists hesitantly, squinting my eyes. My vision grew dark. Almost immediately, I threw my head onto my desk as my mind grew to the conclusion I was merely lightheaded. Listening to my breathing and my slow heartbeat, I closed my eyes and waited. I heard another thump and I flinched; it was close. I assumed it was Sero who sat to my left. Murmurs filled my ears but I didn't open my eyes.

"Mr. Aizawa?..." Mina drawled out, worry uncharacteristically coating her voice.

"Man, what is this?!" Kirishima cried, rasp in his throat.

"Don't panic." Mr. Aizawa told us, still monotone and exasperated. The woozy feeling in my mind hadn't subsided.

For a moment, it was silent. For a tense, slurred moment, Class 1-A was silent. Then my body slammed back to Earth and the only sound in the room was a man screaming, wailing, and crying.

"SLIME!" He screamed, my head jerking from the desk to look at the man. My eyes widened. That was no classmate. He was tanned with a straight nose and small hickory eyes that screamed and billowed with tears. An Aegean blue beanie was on his head with bold white letters: L.A.F.D. on the rim. A scar, a sickening wide scar started above his right eyebrow and trailed down his eye, only ending midway down his neck. I noticed a stray poker chip with a strange-looking smiley face stuck inside the rim of his beanie. The other thing I noticed was that he was on fire.

"Slime, no, no SLIME!" The man screamed, cradling a man, or what looked to be a man, with round glasses, a stick sticking out of his head, and green skin. I noticed his shirt had three hearts on it. The last thing I noticed was he was melting. Fast. I panicked, abruptly standing up and running towards the men.

The green boy, who at closer inspection looked more like a teen than an adult, closed his eyes and smiled. Todoroki sprinted behind me, and silently placed his hands together. Melted ice. Water! "Thank you Quackity from Las Nevadas, for showing me-" And Shoto doused the both of them in water, putting out the fire. The older lad, Quackity from Las Nevadas as the Slime called him, gasped, clutching the younger close and scrambling up. Now he was carrying the slime bridal style.

"Who the fuck are you lot?!" Quackity yelled, his wet hair poking through his beanie and falling nearly into his eyes. The slime rolled out of his arms and fell into a puddle on the floor, landing with a soft, flump!, spattering half of Quackity's pants and side in green goop. Quackity didn't seem bothered by the slimes actions, he only curled both of his hands into fists. Mr. Aizawa snarled, eyes flaring with a reddened glow as his scarf wrapped around Quackity, immobilizing him. Hair sticking to the roof, Eraserhead quickly diminished his quirk and pulled the scarf tight.

The sword clanked to the floor as the older one dropped his sword in shock.

"How did you sneak into UA property?" Aizawa demanded, ruby eyes flaring with rage and confusion.