Chapter 6: Tommyinnit's POV

If Tommy knew three things in life, it was that Chat was always right, no matter how bizarre the statement, never trust men that wore sickeningly sweet smiles no matter how pissed they truly were, and long division was the hardest shit he'd ever had to do in his life. It was the next day in the classroom of '1-A,' Mido-bro (or was it Midoryia? Tommy couldn't remember,) had gotten his wounds clean and fully healed by an old, fragile, tot lady with purely gray hair that was beginning to whiten and a fully wrinkly face, Technoblade had been taken in by a short man that looked like a mouse and was now being held captive inside his office, and the class was running back to normal. A sheet of paper sat before him as a teacher with long yellow hair that was glistening with hairspray and an outfit only Purpled would be caught wearing, except less purple.

The teacher was also loud, possibly louder than Tommy, and that was saying something because he was loud. He'd introduced himself to Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, and Wilbur (Quackity had been forced on bed rest because of a minor concussion and fatal stomach wounds,) but Tommy for his extra life could not remember his name. It annoyed him when he wanted to address the teacher to answer the question and he couldn't remember how to address him.

Tommy stared at problem five that he'd written on his paper, copying what the teacher wrote on the whiteboard with a red EXPO marker. 49 divided by 78. How do you divide something into another thing, when the other thing is bigger than the first thing?! Tommy mentally cried, thumping his pen on his desk, slumping into his roll-y chair with a sigh. He scratched out the entire problem, covering the vertical equation with black squiggles and an angry face that was barely distinguishable against the white paper. Well, the worksheet was hardly white anymore, he'd scratched out all four other problems before it with the same black squiggles and the same angry face. The only empty space was in the bottom right-hand corner, but then he'd have to move to the back of the paper.

"Then, as you all know, you—" The teacher announced and Tommy had to clench his fists to keep from punching something or someone, or breaking his pencil that came in this cool plastic case and made him press a button for more ink. They called it led- oh it was so cool! But aside from the pencil, Tommy was both embarrassed and seething. Everyone seemed to find it so easy, even Wilbur was dejectedly writing down the problem with a frown on his face. His eyes occasionally flitted over to Tommy, then he smirked cockily and returned to his paper before raising his hand and answering the question correctly.

Tubbo, who sat at the desk beside Tommy, seemed just as confused as Tommy, looking at his paper, then looking at Tommy's, sighing, then passing him a note that said something along the lines of: Do you know how to do this?

Tommy always wrote back: no.

It was stupid and Tommy wanted to cry. Perhaps he'd cry for the childhood he never had, but that would be dumb, right? To cry over something he'd never get back? It made him feel like a child, and he hated when people called him a child, babyish, or a wimp. He was sixteen — nearly an adult, and Tommy wanted to be treated as one, not a baby.

"Does anyone know?" The teacher announced, tapping his EXPO marker on the board twice before turning his attention to Tommy. Upon hearing the loud man's voice, Tommy's head snapped to attention, his train of thought scattering from his brain immediately. He saw the man smile before his heart dropped. "Hey, you! Blonde new kid! Wanna answer?" His blue eyes widened and his pencil fell from his hand onto the desk. He felt as if everyone's eyes were on him, unblinking, unmoving, unnerving.

Sweat rolled down his face as Tommy and his mathematics teacher held each other's gaze, both unblinking though one was calm and curious, the other, panicked and scared.

Scared.

Fearful; frightened.

Fear?

Tommy felt fear in the face of death and the presence of war.