Chapter 4

We pull up to their school. "Thanks for lunch dad." Caylyn says then gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Yeah, your the best." Cayleigh's says coming from the back seat to give me a kiss on the cheek. "You're welcome. Have a good rest of the day, and I'll be here to pick your girls up from practice." "Okay." They both says and watch them walk in the building before driving off. I get back home and Demi's on the couch watching tv and I sit next to her. "How was lunch?" "It was good...I'm starving though...." "You're starving. How is that even possible." "Well I didn't eat. I wanted to take you on a lunch date...so please tell me you didn't eat..." "No. I didn't, and I'm actually starving." "Good...you ready?" "Yeah..." We leave and go one of favorite restaurants to sit down and have lunch. We order drinks and food.

"So CJ's teacher talked to me today." "About....what did he do?" "Actually, he didn't do anything. His teacher believes that he's smart enough to skip a grade." "Seriously?" "Yeah..." "What's you tell him?" "I said that I'd talk to you first..and see what you wanna do." "Well I don't want him leaving anytime soon. Let him graduate 5th grade, then we can talk about him skipping a grade. He'd have to make all new friends if he were to leave now." "I get where you're coming from, and I'm down for it. If they feel he's smart enough...why not." "And...if its something that CJ wants to do!" "Absolutely." "S how would he go about doing it?" She asks. "He'd take a test at the end of the year. His teacher didn't go into much detail about the whole thing." "Well I'm all for it." "Oooo...know what I just thought of...if he did skip a grade...he'd be able to play sports right away...since he'll be in the 7th grade." "Really...that's all you can think about..." "Yeah. It is." She shakes her head. We finish having lunch, and by that time, it should be time to get home because Dylan and CJ should be out of school and on the bus, on their way home.

We get home just in time, the kids are walking up to the house and we pull up in the drive way. CJ has a key, but I'd rather me or Demi be home when they get there. "Mommy!" Dylan says running up to Demi. "What about me? Do I get some love?" "Someone's jealous." Demi says. "I'm not." I say then pick her up. "How was school?" "Good." "What about you?" I say taking CJ's hat off. "It was good. I'm hungry." "As always." Demi says. We go in the house and she makes them somethin to eat. I take a quick nap before its time to go pick up the girls. I wake up, go get Cali first then we go to the twins school. They're still in practice so Cali and I chill in the car. "Dad, can I go in the gym and shoot." She asks. "Go for it." "I need a rebounder." She says. "So I gotta get out?" "Yes dad. You do." "Alright." She grabs her basketball and we head to the gym. We go to the small gym..and the twins and their team is in there..and instead of shooting around, she joins them as a practice body and I watch. She's hanging with them too. Hell she's better than a couple of the girls on the team.

Practice ends and on our way to the car Caylyn's asks to drive. "Maybe another time." "Please dad. We have to learn soon anyway." "Yeah, we turn 16 next year. I want a license and car by then." Cayleigh adds. "Woah..lets not get ahead of yourselves. Y'all still have MONTHS before that happens." "Yeah, but we still need to practice." "You're right...and you can practice with your mom." "No...she's gonna be all nervous and stuff. You're more chill and laid back." "....fine." I say giving her the keys. I've let them drive to the convenient store that's two minutes away from the house, but that's it and I'm a little nervous. "Everybody make sure you're buckled up." "You're so dramatic dad." She fixes the mirrors and pulls off. "Watch the cur..." Before I can say it, she goes over the curb making a right turn out of the school. "Oops...my bad.." She says looking at me. "It's fine...just keep your eyes on the road." Thankfully, we make it home safely.

{Demi's POV}

I didn't feel like cooking, so while Colin was out getting the girls, Dylan, CJ and I went to go get food. We ended up getting Chinese. Colin and the girls get home a little after we get home. "Dylan...daddy and your sister's are here, go wash your hands and head to the table." "K." I go to the court we have in the house that CJ is playing basketball in. "Hey, your dad and sisters are here, go wash up for dinner." "Okay." "BABE." Colin yells. "Right here...I didn't feel like cooking, so I got Chinese." "That's fine with me." He says then gives me a kiss. "Caylyn drove us home today." "Really, how'd it go?" "Mmmm...hit a few curbs but other than that, it was a semi smooth ride. Cayleigh's up tomorrow." "I'm glad you're deciding to do this..because my anxiety would kick in and they'd hate me after one driving lesson." "Funny, they said the same thing." He says then laughs. "Ha ha." We go join the kids at the table.

"So I heard someone drove home today..." I say. "It was me...pretty much killed it." "Yeah you also almost killed Mrs. Pierces's dog too." Cali says. "Okay in my defense he literally came out of no where." "Yeah, I forgot to mention that." "Okay so I was thinking for my first car...I want an Audi." Caylyn says. "I want a Range Rover.." Cayleigh's adds. "Mercedes Jeep...all black!" Cali says. "Bentley..." CJ says. "Can I get a new bike." Dylan asks. "Woah...woah woah...hold up. You kids are trynna rob your us." Colin says. "Us? Oh no...you got this one. You're the 200 million dollar athlete. This is all you buddy." "Oh. Like you're not a 200 million dollar actress, singer, and song writer." "What the hell? Y'all are worth that much?" Caylyn says. "Language. And yes." "Soooo getting those cars won't be a problem." "Try to go a driving lesson with out hittin anything then we can talk about it. Cali and CJ, a car should be the furthest from your mind." "Daddy, what about my bike." "You're an actress too. Buy your own bike kid." Colin jokes. "Mom said that was for college. "Damn...well can argue with that. I got you kiddo."

"Your kids are something else man." He say walking into our room and joins me in bed. "Okay, some if their car choice are a little out there, but I say, if they rightfully earn them, then I think we can compromise on the cars they want." "Whatever...twins still got a year." "That's true." "Exactly. Now enough all this talkin...how bout some lovin..." "Mmm I like the sound of that.

{CJ's POV}

After my dad comes and says good night, I don't go to bed. Instead I sit at my desk, put my beats on my head and blast music while I draw. I love sports but I also have other hobbies. My sports side definitely comes from my dad, but my mom has had an impact too. Growing up, she taught us how to play and read music. I play drums, guitar, and pianoI also play around on the soundboard in my moms studio some times. I can't sing to save my life though...my sisters can, but I didn't get that part of it. But I've also taken to just any type of arts, like photography, drawing..I'm already convinced that I wanna get tattoos just like my mom and dad when I turn 18. I wanna put more thought into mine like my dad did. He told us about what they mean, and they're real cool. Everyone's aware that I'm into this stuff. I'm hoping to get a digital camera and a Mac this Christmas. I only draw for like 30 minutes. I take my beats off, put them on the dresser and get in bed. My door opens, I look and it's Dylan. She only comes in here when she can't sleep, and my parents don't open the door. "Can't sleep?" She nods. "And mommy and daddy won't open the door....can I sleep in here." I scoot over and she lays next to me. "Goodnight CJ." "Night..." I say as I close my eyes.