Chapter 81

{Colin's POV}

After the funeral and the burial, before we leave the grave site, we do a balloon release. Every single player on the team is here. After watching the balloons go up until the air until we can't see them.

"Alright, huddle up." I say and the team gathers around me. "It's been a rough morning...for everyone. I don't blame you if you head back to school after we dismiss from here. I'll excuse that. There won't be any practice today. We will reconvene tomorrow at our normal time. This won't break us..it'll only make us stronger. It'll make us play even harder for one another. Go home, get some rest or go back to school and get some education." I say to lighten the mood and they giggle. "I love all you boys."

"Love you too coach!"

"Alright, CJ break us out." I put a fist in the air and they do the same.

"Alright y'all, loud and clear, Erikson on 3...1, 2, 3."

"ERIKSON."

"Get some rest!" I say as they walk to their cars. I walk over to Lori and give her hug. "I love you."

"I love you too."

CJ and the kids come over and gives her a hug. "Everything will be okay Ms. Lori." CJ says and gives her a kiss on the forehead.

"I hope so."

"It will."

{Demi's POV}

Neither of the kids went to school today due to the funeral, so I don't have to worry about picking Dylan up. After looking up the address for the office I'm meeting these doctors at is about is on the outskirts of the city. So I leave really early to give myself some time cushion, so I won't be late.

The whole way there I'm nervous, but kinda excited. I'm not sure what to expect but if this can be cured, why not do it. But I'm sure there are some catches to this and I feel this is what this meeting is about.

I pull up and sit in the car a little bit until it gets closer to 3. I take a deep breath before walking in. I get taken to like a conference room, and that's when I realize this is real, this is really happening, there might be a cure.

"Mrs. Kaepernick, I'm Dr. Wright, we spoke on the phone."

"It's nice to meet you." I say shaking his hand. I get introduced to all the other people in the room with me. They go through this 30 minute presentation, it may have been longer, and they explained everything from the point of injection, to how it attacks the virus and essentially, makes it go away. They also go over be risks and the fact that I'm the first person to try this...there are many. Life threatening risks, and there aren't any numbers to say how much of a chance there is that I will get the side effects. It's very risky and I feel I should get a second opinion, I just don't know who from. I could tell Colin, but he's dealing with other things right now.

"Do I have time to think this over, talk to a few people...get a second opinion?"

"Yes, take all the time you want. I know this is big and the risks are even bigger, so in no way are we pressuring you. If you do decide to go through with it, here are the agreement papers." He sits a packet of papers down in front of me. "If you feel this is something you want to do, feel free to sign and bring them back and we can start the treatment. Of course, this will be confidential. Even after proven that it works, there's an agreement in section three, and you tell us if you want us to disclose information or not. So please take your time and think it through."