Growth (Part 2)

They needed to leave.

It was the only option that is viable in Alcon's mind.

It took him hours to re tell the stories of both Natsuki Subaru and the Nameless one, all except for return by death.

Alcon had to stop mid storytelling to let the sisters compose themselves as they cried and wailed their hearts out.

It wasn't all negative as he also shared about the happy and fun times, including the epic proportions of how he brought down the Great Whale and the Sizable Hare along with others, how he was hailed as the Hero of Priestella.

He wasn't all too happy with sharing about his knighthood though.

Memories of Emilia still made him feel like being punctured by needles in his heart.

Alcon sat there as he stared at the campfire, the sisters are already asleep beside him.

He took a glance the sisters sleeping peacefully before sighing and looking up at the stars.

He couldn't really blame the kids for not realizing that their actions gave a high possibility of them being tracked by the Camps.

He is certain now that the Emilia camp is got some help in tracking him down.

'Where do we go now?' he thought.

He couldn't deny the possibility of Priscilla Camp also lending their help, so Vollachia is not an option.

As for Gusteko, he considered it but decided that the kids are not prepared for such an environment to live in if the rumors pertaining Gusteko's living conditions which is harsher and much more cruel than Vollachia is true.

He could go there if the sisters are strong enough, at least at Elsa's level.

Alcon resisted the urge to shudder at the thought of the assassin.

"Mmmhmm."

Alcon turned to see Frivey turning in her sleep.

'Dreams.' he thought.

He gazed at them, wondering if he should really be allowing them to accompany him.

The road ahead is dangerous and unforgiving.

For the path he chose is undeniably headed to destruction.

The Witch Cult still roams the earth.

And there's one more enemy he could potentially encounter.

The Black Serpent.

According to what he heard/read, the Black Serpent is the most dangerous and the most elusive of the Great Mabeasts.

Nobody has seen what it truly looks like. No one knows where it could be found.

But nevertheless, he will destroy it.

"No, not yet." He whispered as he reached out to the girls and pat their heads.

The sisters unconscious pressed their heads on his palm, making him chuckle a bit.

'They're not ready yet, not even close.' he thought.

But he knows they must travel.

The past is coming and he doesn't know how to deal with it.

And quite frankly, he doesn't want to.

He stared up at the stars once more. Reaching for it with his right hand.

"I need to be stronger."

()()()()()()()()()()()

The Empty Wasteland.