Chapter Seventeen

"Weren't you worried? My locket lighted up few weeks ago." Rita Paxley asked them while they were having their tea in their garden.

"A bit but I know she's now safe." Kimberly answered after sipping her tea.

The Vances were visiting the Paxley household. They were plotting their own plans for the upcoming war with the Dark Abyss.

"I'm really amazed with your magic abilities up until now." Rita shook her head lightly.

Kimberly chuckled, "Don't be. Being a Magus is a blessing and a curse."

That made her husband clenched his jaw. He knew what his wife meant with that. But their friends didn't know that.

"You're hiding something." Rita pointed and narrowed her eyes to Kimberly.

"I am." Kimberly said while still chuckling, there was no point on denying since Rita had this unbelievable instincts. "But I won't tell you." She stuck her tongue out.

"Goodness Kimberly, how old are you? Five?" Rita said while rolling her eyes.

"So, you're saying your son Gusion is also five?" Kimberly said.

Rita and Gregory were dumbfounded with what she said— confused on what she meant.

"I'm getting scared of you." Gregory blurted, "Now I can fully understand why Herald can't win against you."

"She's not scary." Herald said, "Only terrifying." He joked which earned a pinch on his arm from his wife.

"I love you, goddess." Herald said to his wife who was still glaring at him.

Kimberly scoffed at him but smiled afterwards.

Rita sighed then smiled while shaking her head lightly. She might been friends with her a little late compare to when she became friends with Ainsley, but she knew that Kimberly could do anything in her power to help them and keep them safe.

But she couldn't help it but to get anxious with what Kimberly had said earlier. She could feel that there was something more behind those words: blessing and a curse.

Whisking away her thoughts, Rita said, "Anyway, what will be our plan? I'm pretty sure Lesley is with my hardheaded son as we speak now."

That made Herald frowned, "As much as I hate that thought, but I agree."

Gregory chuckled, "Don't be too strict, Herald. Gusion is my son, you don't have to worry."

"And basically, Lesley is like a daughter to us too." Rita added.

"Yeah, so my daughter and Gusion are like siblings. No one is worthy enough of Lesley." Herald said with grim expression.

"Les and Gus aren't really close before, in case you have forgotten." Gregory said, "Among the times she went here with you and Lexander, she only talked once to my children and that was Gusset."

"Yes, because she asked where the bathroom is." Herald contradicted. He was clearly displeased by the thought of her adoptive daughter being taken away from them.

"Kim told me that Lesley was blushing when she asked her about Gusset before." Rita said, trying to piss Herald more.

With that, Herald was really frowning now, "Are you matching up Lesley with Gusset or with Gusion?"

That made the Paxleys, as well as Kimberly, laughed at his exasperation.

"With Gusion, of course!" Both of them said.