the day I heard from you

Dam... Ever since COVID hit, everyone's been on the edge...

I got a gift card for my birthday last year... This is how this thing unfolded...

Back when it saw him on TV, April 2020... I was curious to find out who that guy was... I hadn't known his name or the name of the band... I later found out the band's name was Ratt... Again... I didn't know any of the guys name but the band name itself...

I couldn't get that image out of my head... That guy looking at the camera and doing his little move with his guitar... Bass guitar.

I looked up the band RATT and their songs... The first song ever I listened to was "The Morning After" and I found out about the former member named Robbin Crosby, even though he wasn't with us any more on Earth, I thought to myself that he was cute.

As the months went by, I got into the band more and more, I still was into other bands, as well... Metallica being my favorite band, but now... I was looking at another musician being a favorite of mine... Little did I know that he'd become my friend.

I was looking on YouTube for videos about this guy... I later found out, his name would be Juan Croucier... He calls himself "The Other Voice of RATT", because basically... That's what he is, all the songs you hear the back ground vocals... 80% of it, is Juan and the other 10% is with Juan, with Warren and Robbin... Anyways, I was looking at this once interview... It was interesting, Juan talked about his solo album, which is called Liquid Sunday... Sounded like a interesting name, I looked up the CD on a few sites, I actually found it on his own website...

A few months went by and I found Juan's solo CD on YouTube, I downloaded a few songs, they were all very good, a friend of mine... Told me about Juan's solo CD as well, I thought about getting it, but I didn't know how to or I thought I should wait.

After Christmas time (2020), I ordered a few CDs... Not Liquid Sunday, but other bands, I figured I wait a bit longer, as the months went by... I made videos, and I've been making videos every since April 2020.

It came time for my birthday, some time in March... I got some money, and so... I got a gift card, where you can buy things online.

This time... I knew I wanted to order Juan's CD... The day I ordered it, I got very nervous, because... I didn't really know what to expect... I very was anxious.

And so... What do you know... Juan emailed me, I laughed because I couldn't believe it, I thought about it long and hard, I asked my friend who told me about Juan's solo CD, they said yeah... Sounds like Juan.

So... Juan had asked me, would you like your CD sighed for you or someone else?... I was like what?!... Who the hell does that?!... I still couldn't believe that, I thought I was the only one who he'd offer that to, and I found out later on, evidently he does that to all of his orders... So I said to Juan, sign it for me please... I'm going to be very honest, I'm being straight forward on this... One night... while I was sleeping, Robbin (Juan's Ratt former band mate) came in to my dream, I told Robbin I was nervous and anxious about getting Juan's CD in the mail... Robbin said to me, not to worry and that Juan will come through and that Juan is a good guy... Robbin was so right.

I'm going to also add, that you email Juan, he gets back to you promptly and he's very professional and a good business man. :)

A week and a half went by... I got my CD... He sighed it to me on a sticky note, made my dam day... Juan and I exchanged a few emails here and there, about music because I can care less on his personal life, because that's his personal life, and, same with me, I know dreams are only dreams, but it felt real and that it was a real sigh, I felt blessed and happy... I still laugh at it, it's a good feeling to have, that some one cares, Juan didn't have to what he did, but... He did and I'm happy for that... I'll never forget that...

A few months went by, I emailed Juan, to ask him if I could use his music for a fundraiser and he personally said it was fine with him... Well... To be honest, I asked Juan a few times, it didn't really bother him, Juan was more than happy, to let me use his music, and that made me so happy...
I didn't have to ask Juan, but I felt like I had to, I wonder if people have actually asked an artist to use music for projects...🤔

A few months went by... In the spring time, I was thinking about getting Juan's CD for my family member in the mid summer time, I found out that RATT was doing a few tour dates around the country, Juan said it was nice to hear from me and that I could order any time, but I wanted to be conservative, and wait... I know I didn't have to, I just felt like I had to, so Juan wouldn't rush to ship it out...

The end of October 2021 came... I decided right then and there... That I was going to order Juan's CD for my family member, to surprise them... We exchanged another few emails back and forth, over the next few days... I was still making videos and Juan said to me that... He's been noticing my videos I've been making and that he thinks they're great and he really appreciated all of them, that made me happy, knowing he appreciates my support for his music...

I received Juan's CD for my family member, two weeks into November 2021, another package, (he must of super glued haha), then I opened it up, I found the CD signed, on the actual CD cover, and... he wrote me a note, which Juan didn't really have to, but... I guess he wanted to, to say thank you... Juan said, on this other sticky note... thank you so your support, I really appreciate it... Your friend? Juan...

Did Juan say... friend?!... :)

He thinks of me as his friend?... wow, I think he likes what I make for videos, which is 80% of Juan, the rest are other bands and music related, because mostly I post music things online, because I see every other person, post about their lives and I wasn't about that... some ones personal life doesn't belong online, but that's my own opinion.

A few months went by after... I kept on making videos... I told a few friends about Juan's solo CD, they seem to be liking it. I ordered a good friend of mine, Juan's CD for his birth day coming up... I know they will be very surprised, I would be too...

I think the lesson here is... Be kind to others, doesn't matter what walk of life you are... You have the power to befriend someone... To make an impact in their life... I still find it very... Considerate of Juan... Emailing me when he did, back in 2021... (When he didn't have to, he could of just mailed the CD), and... I think I'll never ever... forget that, I do hope to meet Juan in the near future... But if I don't, at least I know I tried... You will fail in some time of your life at something, I don't see myself as a failure at all...

Because I am trying to meet Juan, I don't know when or if I will.. I'm thinking on how I want to meet him, but I have a time frame for 1-2 years, and... if something were to happen (whatever that may be)... At least I'd have some very good memories of Juan and I exchanging emails, that I'd never thought possible would happen...

That's what I'm most happy about, a simple communication between a nobody (person) and a rock star, that I consider just a regular person, who happens to be a famous rock star, for Juan to be making music around the world for every person, and that he thinks of me as his friend, no questions asked... I didn't do any thing, but... be myself... :) 

And, as always... I like I say to my friends, life is unpredictable and we'll never know what life will bring us, hopefully good things for the future, but we'll never know.

Guess that's how I end it... I might make some changes in the coming weeks. :)