00. INTRODUCTION

╰─➛ CRUEL SUMMER !

╰─➛ CRUEL SUMMER !

❛ tony stark x fem! oc ·˚ ༘☆ ▍
- a love story between a
man who loves too much
& a woman who only allows
herself to love a little.

⸻⸻⸻

"What happened between us
was a cruel twist of fate."

"Don't do that yourself. Don't
force yourself to believe it
could have been any different."

⸻⸻⸻

000, WHILE on vacation during the summer of 2007 Tony Stark met a woman by the name of Monique Campbell. Instantly drawn to each other, the two spent the next few weeks comforted by the others' embrace, covered in the memories of sweet nights spent together and drowned in the sickly feeling of being in love.

000, ALTHOUGH Tony was never one to spend more than a single night with a woman, there was something about Monique that just drew him in. Like a pirates attraction to treasure, Tony's admiration for Monique didn't have an explanation behind it but it just made sense.

000, THE romance was short-lived and perfect, as the two would describe it. They never really learnt anything about each other, but that was how they wanted to keep it. Tony revelled in the idea of a woman solely not sleeping with him because of his money, or fame, but simply because he was him. Monique felt the same, relishing in the knowledge that Tony knew nothing of the company she was set to take over in mere weeks.

000, EVENTUALLY their relationship met an end, with Monique fleeing early morning and leaving tony behind for good. She left him a note, thanking him for the wonderful past few weeks - finishing with the cliché line that she will never forget him.

000, AT first Tony was crushed, normally he didn't get so attached but his heart ached to feel her lips on his once more, to just hear her laughter one more time. He never even got chance to say goodbye.

000, ONE year later and Tony Stark is now formally known as 'Iron Man' as well as the ceo of 'Stark Industries'. living his own life, he is completely unaware that the woman he once seemed to love was also the ceo of her own company; 'Campbell Enterprises', which once belonged to her father.

000, WHEN Monique moves to new york to expand her father's business and possibly over-power the already well-known engineering company, 'Stark Industries', she runs into an old friend. Well, someone who was once more than an old friend.

000, UNAWARE that she is trying to ruin his company, Tony Stark is quick to make ammends with Monique and attempt to reconcile whatever relationship the two had not so long ago. Monique however rejects him at first, not letting her personal life mess with her business life.