01. NEW BEGINNINGS, OLD FRIENDS

╰─➛ 01

╰─➛ 01. NEW BEGINNINGS,
OLD FRIENDS !

° sometimes things don't work out
between two individuals who
seem to work so well together. &
sometimes things do work out
between two individuals who
are no good for each other. so,
which are we? 〞

CRUEL SUMMER ( T.S )

MONIQUE

was sleeping peacefully, wrapped up in her creamy white sheets, breathing deeply as her dreams and fantasies tempted her. She didn't even stir in the slightest as her beloved cousin, Jamie, walked in.

The monotone and quiet drawl of a Netflix tv show rattled in the background, covering up Jamie's quiet chuckle as he stared at his relative. It was 9AM on a Tuesday morning, and Monique was normally awake with at least 3 hours worth of caffeine in her system by this time.

But her life lay before her, hiding in boxes and packed oh-so neatly. In just two days, Monique would be spending her first night in new york city. Expanding her father's beloved business just as he had always intended.

Slowly striding across the room, Jamie picked up the tv remote that sat on Moniques night-stand, forgotten from the night before. Squinting his eyes so he could see a little more clearly, Jamie switched the tv from Netflix to the news, turning the volume up by at least 60% whilst doing so.

"And I am Iron Man." The words loudly filled the room as Moniques head popped up from the pile of sheets and blankets. Scrambling to find the remote, she crawled along her bed, suddenly running out of space.

Her sleepiness got the better of her and with a loud thud she landed at the feet of her, as mentioned earlier, beloved cousin. He smiled down at her, arms crossed while holding the remote tightly in his left hand. She returned his smile with an eye-roll and then a glare, as she stood up.

Now aware of all the commotion, Moniques best friend Louise sauntered through the doorway, glass of wine in hand and a mug of coffee in the other.

Pressing a quick kiss to Moniques cheek, Jamie handed her the cup of coffee but her eyes didn't leave the tv screen.

"Still can't believe you ran away from this guy. I mean, rich, handsome and now he's a superhero? You're missing out, girl." Louise mused slightly, a smile dancing on her lips as she shook her head lightly.

Monique huffed at the teasing, taking a big gulp of coffee so she wouldn't have to say anything.

"I know, if I was a chick - or hey, if we were both gay. and this guy was hitting on me, I would hit right back!" Jamie agreed, Louise bursting into fits of laughter at the way he phrased things.