Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Wake up, miss. We have a lot to do today." I hear someone say, waking me up from my slumber.

I open my eyes and see a woman with a kind smile standing over me.

I sit up and rub my eyes. Once my eyes are focused, I look around the room. There are two ladies maids running around my room and a women with red hair, amber eyes and a white Kefta standing next to my bed.

"We need to get you ready to meet the king." She says pulling the blankets off of me.

"The king?" I repeat, already starting to panic.

"Yes, and the General wants you to look presentable, so let's get you ready." She says guiding me towards the bathroom.

"When?"

"In half an hour."

Well, that certainly didn't help to calm my nerves.

When we enter the bathroom, the ladies maids were already there, ready by the bathtub.

The woman with red hair, sits down on a chair in the corner, while the maids start undressing me.

I step into the filled bathtub and lower myself into the water. The maids start cleaning my arms.

I'm already unconformable, so them cleaning me is just a bit extreme.

"I can do that, if you don't mind." I propose.

They both look at each other, before giving me the sponge.

I start cleaning my body, while the two maids start whispering to each other.

"She smells like horse." One of them whispers to the other in Old Ravkan.

I frown. That's not a very nice thing to say. I can't really help it, I was on a horse for almost 200 miles.

"What was your name actually?" I ask the woman sitting in the chair, once I'm out of the bath and dressed in a fluffy bathrobe.

"Genya." She says, standing up from the chair. "Let's proceed."

She leads me out of the bathroom and to the vanity.

"Fetch my kit." She says to the maids, snapping her fingers.

I sit down and one of the maids brings her a wooden box. She places it on the vanity and opens it. Inside are a ton of little jars.

"Everyone out." She says, clapping her hands twice. They both scurry out of the room.

"I don't want them staying any longer after what they said to your sister."

"What did they say to Alina?" I ask, concerned.

"Just some nasty things about her being Shu." She explains.

"Ah." I say, frowning a bit. People are always so quick to judge.

She looks at me intently through the mirror, before turning the chair I am sitting in, so that I am facing her more. She slowly passes her thumb over the left side of my forehead. Once she's done she leans back a bit to admire her work. I turn to look at my reflection and see that a wound I got yesterday is completely gone.

"Are you a healer?" I ask turning back towards her.

"I'm a tailor. I can fix, but I can also modify." She explains, while continuing to fix some scars and blemishes.

"That's amazing." I say truthfully.

"Some people would argue that summoning water, fire and air is even more amazing."