Prologue

Hiyaa y'all, Vampy here! Welcome to my very first novel!

I have plans to rewrite this book cause I've improved a lot as a writer over the last several years. I'm currently posting a prequel to this book titled "Dracula and her Bride," which you can find on my profile! itsmeimthevampire

 I'm currently posting a prequel to this book titled "Dracula and her Bride," which you can find on my profile! itsmeimthevampire

I would recommend checking that one out first while I work on rewriting this. But if you decide to stick around here then...welcome to the story!! And I hope you enjoy <3

______________

A millennium ago

Danyel stared into the crystal-clear waters at the edge of the universe. He saw what he always saw: the same young girl he'd been envisioning since the beginning of time. She was alone in this particular vision, making music with her mouth. She was always full of joy, something Danyel had felt only when seeing her.

The water rippled now with her tinkling laugh. It was a sound he had gotten accustomed to throughout the centuries, although he heard it less often now. She was aging slowly in his visions and they were gradually beginning to change. She skipped down the same grassy path as she always did but this time she didn't whistle. The violet skies ashened and turned crimson as they began to rain down soot and shrapnel at her feet, but she seemed not to notice.

Centuries more passed and the visions only grew darker. The crater she'd grown up in exploded into flames as she watched on with impassive eyes. Her joy was stolen away by the shadow of evil she now lived under. The evil that he was created to destroy.

He was never told how exactly she was his destiny—but as his visions took a dark turn, he now knew that he was made to protect her. Everything around her was destroyed. Everyone around her was dead.

Danyel stared at the water as it glowed with visions of white lilies, tens upon thousands of them. They sparkled and shone with unnatural light, and they dazzled even his own Eternal eyes.

Blood started pouring. It ran in red streams down the pure white petals while the flower lapped it up and bloomed brighter than ever. His insides twisted as the evil flower crept its way up his visions of the young girl. Danyel swore then and there that he would do everything in his power to destroy the lilies, and anyone who held them. He would not let them get to her.

The girl was not eternal but she would be once they met. It was the only thing that could save her now. Danyel had lived his entire life in solitary while the world changed around him. He knew he could turn as many humans as he liked, but he vowed to never turn anyone else; all he needed was Poppy.

It was a twisted fate that she was a millennium away, but so be it; he would wait forever if he had to.

A/N: Sooo here it is! I tried to draw a map of Ather but it sucks lol

If you have any suggestions, error fixes, or constructive criticism, I'd love to hear them. I'm always looking to improve my writing :>

But do be warned—! I follow standard British English for dialogue punctuation, where the rules are the opposite for quotation marks and apostrophe. I've gotten a lot of comments about it from American readers so just wanted to add this little note! Sorry for the confusion!

Hope you enjoy my story! Thank you for reading :)