23

"Can you do me a favor? Can you help me complete this wedding?"

"I..."

"I know you don't want to, but I have no other choice, I don't want to shock my mother," Sulli practically pleaded as she held onto Jonghyun's arm. "I can promise you that we will only hold a wedding, we won't actually sign any papers. After the ceremony is done, you are free to marry whomever you want. We will no longer be involved with each other."

"But..."

"Jonghyun, help me."

No matter how Jonghyun thought about it, he felt like he had been pulled into a trap, but he still let Sulli drag him into the wedding car.

Sulli's bridesmaids were made up of her colleagues. When they saw her bravely swap out her groom, they admired her courage.

Since he was already sitting in the car, Jonghyun decided to play along and do this favor for Sulli. After all, he was supposed to attend a lecture that day and he was already dressed appropriately.

...

Sulli's wedding was small, but there were still a few guests from the army as well as Sulli's friends and family. All up, there were only 20-30 people. However, when Jonghyun glanced at the front row and saw Mother Choi, he noticed that she did indeed look unwell; she looked exactly like a seriously ill patient.

Of course, Choi Hui and Father Choi were also present at the wedding, as well as Xu Chunhao. As soon as they spotted Jonghyun walk in, their eyes grew wide in shock.

What happened to the groom?

Why did he suddenly change?

How was this a wedding? This was a complete train wreck!

Seeing the scene before her, Mother Choi stood up and asked, "Are you joking? Where's your groom?"

"Here," Sulli replied as she hooked her arm with Jonghyun's.

"I know who he is, but he's not the groom. Sulli, today is the most important day of your life, don't joke around."

"I'm not joking. I'm marrying this man today." After speaking to her mother, Sulli turned to the wedding celebrant and said, "Let's get started. His name is Kim Jonghyun."

The wedding celebrant was a little surprised, but he quickly nodded his head and replied, "Let's get started then..."

Everyone thought the scene was quite ridiculous, but they still let Sulli and Jonghyun go ahead.

It was completely absurd! Afterwards, Mother Choi learned that the real groom had run away and her daughter had randomly grabbed another man to fill in his spot. But, she was being much too brave, especially since the man she grabbed was her ex-boyfriend. Wasn't the situation enough of a mess as it was?

Jonghyun could tell that everyone was calling Sulli ridiculous.

After all, no one would randomly swap out their groom just because the original one ran away. But, wasn't that how his parents got married?

With this thought, Jonghyun temporarily paused the wedding and turned around to bow to everyone. He then explained, "I'm sorry everyone, Sulli did indeed grab me to replace her runaway groom."

"Although the wedding is a mess, it's great that Sulli's parents are present. I would like to take this opportunity to tell the two of you that I believe I am the one that can bring Sulli happiness. So, I hope that Auntie and Uncle can hand your daughter to me."

"To be honest, Sulli was never prepared to get married yet. She simply planned this wedding to give Auntie a peace of mind."

"Hence, when the groom ran away, she had no choice but to grab me – her neighbor."