Chapter 3

I wake up to someone drenching me in cold water, I gasp and sit up quickly trying to fill my lungs with oxygen while my eyes dart around the room until they meet the cold ones of my aunt.

"What are you still doing in bed?"

I glance at the clock on my wall, it read 3am. I look back at her and tilt my head to the side,  my eyes saying "hello, it's 3 in the morning, I'm supposed to be asleep"

"Get your lazy ass out of bed right now"

I climb out of my bed slowly when I feel someone drag me off roughly. I look up to find Brody hovering over me, I hadn't even noticed he was in the room until now.

I moved to stand up but my aunt grabs me by my hair and starts dragging me across the floor to the kitchen. When we get to the stairs, my eyes widen when I realize she isn't going to let me get to my feet, she iss going to drag me buy my hair down the stairs instead.

I grit my teeth as my back made contact with the stairs, each time more painful than the first. It seemed like forever since she started dragging me down the stairs and I sigh in relief when we finally get to the bottom.

When we get to the kitchen, she releases my hair abruptly and my head smacked the tiles. My head is throbbing both from the pain of being dragged by my hair and smacking it on the kitchen tiles. As a matter of fact, my whole body aches but I can't say anything if I don't want my punishment getting any worse than this. I'm just here wondering why on Earth she came to wake me by three in morning.

"I have somewhere I'm meant to be and I want this entire house cleaned from top to bottom before I get back". That's what I do basically everyday, I don't see why she has to wake me up this early and drag me down the stairs for it. Also, who in the world has somewhere to be my 3:am in the morning!?

I feel a slight pain in my chest, the cold water taking it's effects on me already. Sighing, I get to my feet, praying as I make my way towards the shed at the backyard, that her children just stay out of the way and let me be. But I knew better than to believe that they would just allow me to do my work in peace. It's like their sole purpose on Earth is to make mine miserable and I'm almost a hundred percent sure that they've already started doing things to sabotage my work.

I get to the shed, collect the cleaning supplies, head back into the house and begin cleaning.

It doesn't take much time for me to finish considering I clean the house everyday so it makes the cleaning process easier.

Just as I round up my cleaning, Brody walks in with a couple of his friends. They all had snacks. Pizza, popcorn, soda and chocolate.
As Brody walks by me with a sinister smirk on his face and I can't help but feel uneasy. Why does he have friends over this early?

"Woah man, is that your sister, how come we've never seen her?" One of his friends asks.

"She's mighty hot too" another one says.

Brody glared hard at me. His eyes saying 'get out, and make sure you aren't seen'. You don't have to tell me twice, it's not like I'm comfortable being around him and his friends. Plus, I didn't like the way they were talking about me.

I scurry out to the back to drop the supplies. It's summer and the sun is as bright as ever. I sit down cross legged on the grass, enjoying the weather and watching the butterflies flutter around peacefully.

I wish I was a butterfly.

Standing up, I dust myself and head back inside hoping to get a little rest before I get breakfast ready buy what I saw made my jaw drop.

Brody and his friends made a mess of the sitting room. They spilt soda on the couch and carpet, there's popcorn, smeared cheese and chocolate everywhere.

I wonder if they actually are this messy while they eat, or Brody made them do it, just to get at me. Something tells me it's the latter.

I sigh and get back to work hoping that something delays aunt Hilda making her get home later than expected, but of course knowing aunt Hilda, she'll make sure she gets her earlier than she's supposed to just to make sure she has a reason to punish me.

Thinking about what aunt Hilda would do to me makes my heart skip a beat. I remember how she dragged me by my hair down the stairs this morning and cringed. I'm pretty sure my punishment when - not if I don't get my job done would be a lot worse than that.
Sigh....where's my uncle when I need him?

"Char? OMG Char what happened?" Anna asked, walking into the sitting room.

"Brody had his friends over, they made a mess of the place. Aunt Hilda is going to be here anytime soon and I'm going to be so dead".

Anna glanced at the wall clock "Shit, okay hand me some supplies, I'm going to help"

"You really don't have to-"

"I said hand me some supplies, I want to help"

It was a clipped statement signifying that there's no room for argument so I hand her the supplies and she begins scrubbing along with me. I'm grateful she's helping me because there's no way I'm would be able to finish before my aunt gets back but deep down, I knew her helping me will only get me into more trouble.

**********************************************
Long chapter, I know. Please don't forget to vote and leave your comment. I really love reading them. Bye lovelies ❤