seven - late night studying you

new text notification from: childe🙄

the sound of your phone pinging once snapped you out of your long focused trance. before you knew it, you had been buried deep in your studies for 4 hours straight.

yanfei was out at the moment on a date, as she had finished her work already and got a lot of praise. you only knew so from her constant blabbering when she came back home from class one day.

you shook your head animatedly, raising your brows and sighing as you yawned and stretched before taking your phone into your dominant hand.

the desk light was draining your soul and closing your eyes with each passing minute of the night. you rolled your eyes at the sight of his name but still decided to check what he wanted to say now.

childe 🙄

hey princess check your window
11:38 PM

at the message you felt your eyes suddenly widen as you got up from your seat and looked out the window into the snowy campus field, only to see nothing.

for a moment you thought he was hiding outside your window but you saw nothing and no one, just the eerily silent snow that fell and stuck to the moist grass.

your phone vibrated in your hand again and you gazed down towards it.

childe 🙄

hey princess check your window
11:38 PM

sike im at your door
11:41 PM

you groaned but smiled at the message before turning to your door. at the other side of the door was an awkward orange haired man who was mustering up what to say as soon as the doors flung open.

—"what are you doing here?" you asked once his pair of eyes met yours.

he cleared his throat and awkwardly chuckled before showing you a plastic tupperware box filled with food, the insides of the see-through box were fogged up from what one could only assume to be how hot the food was once it was placed inside.

he smiled when you moved out of the way from the doorframe to let him in. you would be a fool to turn down freshly homemade food.

—"your room is very nice" he said with a surprised look on his face.

he might've been standing awkwardly in the same place with the tupperware in his hands, but his head was turning all 360 degrees to take in every single little detail in awe.

yes, the room was very cluttered. but you mostly had to blame yanfei for that. mostly.

—"just don't touch anything on that side or else my roommate will actually kill me" you told the ginger as you stood next to him with crossed arms, looking at the amazed expression on his face.

he reached out to toy with a dreamcatcher that hung from the ceiling but you slapped his hand away before he actually could. in response, he simply smiled at you with his blue eyes turning crescent.

—"you can sit on my bed if you'd like" you offered as you took the tupperware from his hands.

you simply couldn't wait to dig in. surprisingly childe was a great cook, which made the fact he sometimes annoyed you bareable.

—"you move fast princess" he joked.

—"get out" you said, pointing to the door.

—"i was kidding!" he put his hands up in defeat as he sat down, "i got you free food and you kick me out?" he jokingly teased.

—"yep!" you proudly replied with your hands on your waist and a smile on your face which made childe mirror it.

—"you're so heartless"

you sat next to him on the bed with one foot folded under yourself, as you gave childe a fork.

—"you don't have to keep making me food you know," you began, "i'm fine" you told childe as your vision fixated on him.

you couldn't hear what he was telling you, as all you could focus on was the way his side profile looked with a background of your window that looked outside to the snowy campus. the snowflakes swam so easily in the air and the outside world was so silent.

he was smiling while unboxing warm food, the warm light of the lamp behind his head lighting his warm toned hair yet pale skin so gracefully. there was something so comforting about the sight of a pale, cold to the touch childe being lit up by the light.

before you could control it, the warmth rushed over your cheeks as you saw him start laughing at you over how much you were zoned out.

—"don't laugh!" you said, laughing as well.

—"okay okay!" he said while handing you a few tissues, "there's actually something i've been meaning to ask you"

like a wave of bliss, the smell of spicy chicken rushed over your senses and you felt your mouth instantly water and your stomach churn in longing for the said food.

—"what is it?" you asked as you stabbed your fork into a piece of grilled chicken.

—"would you uh," he cleared his throat before proceeding, "would you help me study ?" he asked with his shoulders slinging upwards in embarrassment.

you snorted at how unbelievable he was, in a good way. there was obviously something else he wanted to ask but you didn't want to push it out of him.

almost as if in a cartoon, a question mark appeared over his head at the sight of you laughing at him.

—"that's it?" you wiped the corners of your eyes, "of course i will, childe"

once again, he smiled. taking a napkin, he wiped a tiny stain off your cheek. yet nothing could beat the matt of his eyes.

🔹️🔹️🔹️

a/n: once again i do not know how to properly finish chapters lmao but i hope you enjoyed the chapter and leave a like and/or comment anyways ^^