Chapter 21-The Dark Hole

When the Nun finished styling my hair,she turned to all the other girls in the room,"how shall we punish this ignorant girl? '' she asked in a menacing tone. Everyone shared evil smirks,all except for the girl I met at the Great Hall. "The pit" they all chanted,"pit","pit","pit" they continued. The nun raised her hand for silence,"the pit it is'' she sneered. She grabbed me by my arm,and,then started to rummage through one of the drawers in the vanity,and pulled out a rope. She used the rope to tie my wrist to the post of my bed. Then she motioned for all the other girls,and nuns to exit the room,so she could discuss something with me,privately. "You will stay here in isolation,until I come back for you later this evening"she announced,and then exited the room. I must have been up there for 6 hours with nothing to do,and nothing to eat or drink. Soon enough though,the nun returned,and she untied the rope on the post of my bed. Although she didn't untie the one around my wrist. Instead she used the untied part of the rope to drag me outside,and towards this very large dark hole. I assumed this was the 'pit' everyone was talking about. I stared down at it,and saw something shadowy shuffling in the corner. "WAIT WHAT IS SHADOW DOWN THERE" I yelped in fear,"I don't know maybe the oogly boogly monster"she cackled,and then pushed me in. It felt like I was falling forever,but then something caught me,before I could hit the ground,"PLEASE DON'T EAT ME OOGLY BOOGLY MONSTER '' I screamed cowardlessly. I shut my eyes tightly,fearful as to what was behind me,hiding in the shadows of the 'pit'. Then cold hands caught me,just before I could hit the ground. I could hear my heart racing at a million miles per hour,and the air felt as if there was no more left for me to breathe. I didn't dare to move a muscle,or open my eyes for that matter. I could feel the cold hands move from my hips towards my shoulders. They slowly turned me around,and this is the part where I knew the monster would swallow me whole. Before I was gonna die though,I opened my eyes to see what this monster looked like. "Luke" I said softly,"yes" he responded,"you are not a monster" I suspiciously told him,looking him up and down. Luke looked at me,his eyes sparkling underneath the moonlight,and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "No I'm not" he said,slowly moving his hands on my cheeks. Suddenly my stomach got all light,and it felt like there were a thousand butterflies dancing around in it. I stared deeply into his eyes,and then my body felt all warm,and fuzzy. I knew what this feeling was,all the girls at school back on Pluto would talk about it. They said it was a "creash",but here on Earth I heard they called it a crush. I quickly looked away from him,when I heard leaves crumbling behind us. Luke grabbed my wrist,and held me against the wall with his arm. I looked at him from the side,and he looked terrified. You could clearly see he was shaking from head to toe,and he was frantically looking around. He motioned for me to be quiet,and so I did,but he wasn't. Luke was intensely breathing,and his forehead had beads of sweat running down. Then we both looked up to see two eyes staring at us,but it was quite dark so I couldn't tell who it was. They stepped closer though,and it was soon revealed to be the girl I met from the Great Hall.