𝐵𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒢𝒽𝑜𝓈𝓉𝓈

Isabel had been born for greatness

Isabel had been born for greatness. Her parents always said so. And when their plans fail and one ends up dead as a traitor and another in sanctuary, fearing for her life, Isabel knows there is no choice but to go forward, to salvage whatever was not tainted by their ambition.

She uses every skill she was taught in her childhood: strings pretty words together until they are as sharp as any blade, wields her beauty like a weapon until she is sure she and her remaining family will be safe. Years pass and she is safe until an illness strikes and Isabel unknowingly becomes a demon the of night.

Once again, she is forced to adapt to survive, but the supernatural world might not be so dissimilar to the royal court as she'd first believed. After all, promises, lies and threats are often one and the same and if everything she was as a human is heightened, then she'll only be quicker to spot liars and deceivers in order to come out on top.

Isabel holds her head high even as her family crumbles, reminds herself of phoenixes and how they rise from the ashes and her blood will surely do that.

✧❅✦❅✧

Annabeth had been born to be a queen, or so she'd been told her whole childhood. Yet, it never happened, her parents' pride getting in the way of it and the boy she would've ruled beside being deposed, imprisoned and then killed. Yet, there is always a backup plan and her guardians find her another match, intent on fulfilling her parents' wishes.

Her world capsizes on the eve of her wedding and she's forced to play the part of the meek, submissive, scared girl surrounded by enemies all while trying to survive. Imprisoned, she accepts her fate until she's offered a lifeline in the form of eternity.

And so, Annabeth learned to be vindictive, to harness her mind like a weapon and to use her piercing words to cut deeply.

✧❅✦❅✧

Edward was born to be a weapon, to be brandished like a sword.

A restless child, he's forced behind bars for the same blood that once afforded him respect. Even at his young age, he knows he'll be never free again — men of his line rarely leave the Tower alive. Yet, everything he knows is proved a lie as he is freed and given a new chance at life.

War takes and takes and takes, but it rarely gives. Yet, in his case, it gave him a new understanding of the world. Now, he is not a naive child, but he has a new understanding of the world and its cruelty.

✧❅✦❅✧

Three vampires, one single bloodline. Three human lives burned, ashes from which they rose more dangerous and volatile than ever before.

They had never been confronted with their own mortality until being confronted with an immortal, undead life — a life in which they are determined to thrive despite everything and vow with blood to do so.