Super Bowl 2022

Chapter Two: Super Bowl 2022

Jessi arrived at the SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, the home stadium of the Rams, with some of Odell and her's family and friends to watch  Odell's team hopefully win against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Jessi was four days away from giving birth, and her body was uncomfortable anywhere that wasn't her bed, but she knew she had to be here to support Odell.

She spotted a few of her famous friends and took photos with them before joining the rest of the team's family and friends section of the stadium.

"Our boys are going to win this," Anna Kupp told Jessi as she walked up to her and hugged her.

"For sure. They got this," Jessi told her as she waved at other wives and girlfriends of Odell's teammates.

Anna rubbed Jessi's baby bump.

"You look ready to pop," Anna told Jessi.

Jessi smiled.

"I'm due soon, like four days from now," Jessi said.

"Oh so, you must be so uncomfortable right now," Anna said.

"Yeah, but I'm here to support my man, so I'm pushing through it," Jessi told her.

"Of course," Anna said.

Soon they took their seats, and the game started.

After what felt like an entire day to Jessi; the rams won the super bowl.

"Holy shit! They won!" Jessi screamed, before clapping a hand over her mouth tohide her shock.

Jessi jumped up and down in excitement. At this point, she could have cared less that she was heavily pregnant and would regret the effect that her sudden movements would have on her back.

"I have to go check on Odell," Jessi told her father as she hurried out of her seat.

💛💙

Super Bowl LVI was an American football game played to determine the champion of the National Football League (NFL) for the 2021 season.

The National Football Conference (NFC) champion Los Angeles Rams defeated the American Football Conference (AFC) champion Cincinnati Bengals, 23–20.

The game was played on February 13, 2022, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, the home stadium of the Rams, marking the second consecutive and second overall Super Bowl to feature a team playing and winning in its home stadium.

The Rams' victory was their second, first as a Los Angeles-based team, and first since 1999's Super Bowl XXXIV when based in St. Louis.

Finishing with a 12–5 record, the Rams reached their fifth appearance after acquiring veteran quarterback Matthew Stafford. He had not won a playoff game in his previous 12 years with the Detroit Lions.

The Bengals, who finished with a 10–7 record, sought their first Super Bowl title following several decades of losing seasons and playoff struggles. They won their first playoff game since 1990, ending the longest drought in the four major North American sports, en route to their third appearance and first since 1988's Super Bowl XXIII.

Each team finished the regular season as its respective conference's 4-seed, making this the first Super Bowl without a top-3 seed since seeding was introduced in 1975.

The halftime show was headlined by Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, and Kendrick Lamar, and it was widely praised. Surprise appearances were made by 50 Cent and Anderson.Paak.

Deaf rappers Sean Forbes and Warren Snipe performed in American Sign Language during the show; this was the first time American Sign Language was used during a halftime show at the Super Bowl.

Described as a "legends of hip hop" performance, evoking nostalgia and localizing the globally broadcast game to Southern California with Dre's performance, it was the third show in partnership with Jay-Z's Roc Nation. Eminem kneeled after his set as a tribute to Colin Kaepernick.

The game had three lead changes and was kept within a one-possession margin. Los Angeles led 13–10 at halftime, but the Bengals scored ten straight points on their first two drives in the third quarter.

Trailing 20–16 in the fourth, the Rams scored a touchdown to retake the lead with under two minutes remaining and stopped Cincinnati's final drive on downs.

Wide receiver Cooper Kupp, who converted a fourth down on the Rams' final drive and scored the game-winning touchdown, was named Super Bowl MVP.

NBC's broadcast of Super Bowl LVI was the second-most-watched in the game's history, marking a shift from several years of declining ratings. Seen by an average of 112.3 million total viewers on both NBC and its streaming platforms, the game's ratings were up by 8% from the previous Super Bowl.

The Rams traveled to Disneyland for a celebration on February 14. A parade to celebrate the Rams' victory took place on February 16 in Exposition Park.

It ran from the Shrine Auditorium down Figueroa to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, where a rally in the plaza outside the stadium.

This marked the first time a parade was made to celebrate a Los Angeles-based professional team's victory since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic (the Lakers and Dodgers each won a title in 2020 but were unable to hold parades due to safety concerns).