a little update on my writing progress

how it started; (the book was never finished, it was called housepet and ill be posting the draft later)

"One million in debt, oh this is getting exciting.." The gambler says. You have one last chance. "I.." You say, then stop and think. The gambler probably has the yellow card, since hes used about 4 red cards and has two cards left. "Which card will you use? The red, blue, or yellow?" He says, his eyes filling with bloodlust. "I choose.." You place the yellow card down and wait.

"Whoops." The gambler spins around his deck revealing two red cards. "Thats two more million in debt to me, Y/N.. Suppose I could keep you as a house pet to pay it back.." He says, his eyes wandering.

You smash your hands onto the table. "One more round! please!" The crowd goes wild. The gambler rolls his eyes, and spreads out the deck of cards. "Fine." He says, then his assistant arranges the cards and gives you both random cards. Yes! 3 red cards, 2 blue cards and one green. You throw the green card onto the wooden table, waiting for him to match it.

"Oh, this is tricky.." He says, Looking through his deck. Finally he fixes his tainted glasses and puts down a yellow changing colour card. "No! This is rigged! It cant be!" You say, panicking. Reaching for the deck to grab a new card, your greeted with a yellow card.

Slamming the yellow card onto the table, the gambler follows with a blue changing colour card and picks up a card from the deck. You knew exactly what he picked up. A blue card. And you knew exactly what was under the blue card. a red changing colour card since you had watched his assistant arrange the deck.

Picking up the card under, you find a blue card. "What the.. how!?" You yell. The crowd goes absolutely wild again. He spins around the card(s) he picked up. "It's simple. I simply grabbed onto both the colour card and blue card."

"Show your cards." His masked assistant announces. You spin around your 5 cards and he does the same.
"Impossible!" You yell. He has 1 red colour changing card, 3 blue cards, 1 blue colour changing card and a red card. He smirks and begins laughing hysterically.

"It's so funny how you think I'M impossible, Y/N. When your holding 3 of the best cards in the game." He says. "Wha-? This is just and ordinary deck. Nothing special." He begins laughing again and the crowd starts yelling "Red!" "Red!" "Red!" At you. Panicking, you slam a red card onto the table and take a card from the deck. A blue colour changing card. Perfect! you could use this to your advantage.

"Aw man.. I've got barely anything left." The gambler says, dumbfounded. He uses the red card. Suddenly, you have a plan. He taps his long gloved hand on the table. "I'm waiting.." The gambler announces. You use the blue colour changing card. He smirks. "What?" You ask. He slams the red colour changing card onto the table.

You end up using all your red cards and The gambler is down to one card. Your at 4 cards.

He stared at the yellow card placed down. "Aw man." The gambler says, then places his last card. a yellow colour changing card.

You jump off your seat and exclaim cheerfully "YES! I DID IT!" Then the gambler clears his throat. His assistant comes up to the stage and announces "You've lost Y/N. You won only 1 round. We've had 4 rounds and were supposed to do 3." Your heart shatters. You drop to your knees, tears forming in your widened eyes. "It's either house pet or 5 million in debt." The gambler says, standing from his chair. The crowd screams and begins to make booing noises.

"No, please! This is rigged! I swear! One more chance, please!" You yell. The gambler scoffs and fixes his stash on his outfit. "A deal is a deal, Y/N." His assistant says. Then they leave the casino leaving you on your knees shaking on the stage.

(679 words, finished)

how its going:

I sat down on the floor as I watched the many children in monty golf play. I didnt see the alligator anywhere, mainly because it was the main showtime so he'd be at the stage. I shuffled around in my book bag for a little while until I found the can of pepsi i took before coming here.

I cracked open the pepsi and took a sip. My black leggings and black puffer jacket and red sneakers leaned against the green wall as i watched the happy kids golf. it made me smile. My eyes scanned around as I watched this one kid, around 6 years old with blonde hair. He was playing alone and talked to himself. Maybe his mom was getting snacks?

The kid never looked in my direction. He was always focused on the ball. Like he had been doing this all the time. He started to look up near the gift shop more and more, however. Maybe his guardian was taking long and he was starting to get nervous?

I sat up and left my bag there, along with my pepsi. I walked over to the kid. "Hey kid, you okay? wheres your parents?" I asked him. He looked up at me with blue eyes and freckles. "I'm playing with my friends while my mom gets some snacks!" He said happily. Im assuming his friends were imaginary.

"Uh, wheres your friends?" I asked, looking around. He laughed at me. "They are right next to me! see?" Right, imaginary. "Alright then. have fun." I said, then turned around. I sat back down next to the wall. The alligator was gonna be in monty golf soon, since it was nearly 2 pm. Which is also when main showtime ends.

I wasnt having fun, I was alone. But watching other children have fun made me a little bit happier. I was thinking about leaving, and picking up a monty fizzy faz before heading to the faz-pad. they always have great food there.

The Faz-Pad is just your classic bar style restaurant. You need an ID to get actual bar drinks and stuff. Lots of people love the food there, mainly because Terry is the chef there.

Terry lives in Hazbin Apartments. Hes a 67 year old kind man that cooks delicious foods. He used to be a cop. One time Terry saved an 18 year old girl from being sexually assaulted, then got her assaulter arrested. Hes a really kind dude.

I picked up my monty fizzy faz at the gift shop and began to the elevator. I walked over to the stairs, taking one last glance at the blonde boy before turning my head and, wham! I smacked into a green metal wall.

"Uh- Sorry." I said, looking up at the alligator.

"You walking in the wrong direction? Lets play some golf, kid." He said, smiling. I sighed and nodded, smiling a little bit. Score! Finally some fun! He led to the main large golf course, I followed shortly after.

"Just put your bag over there." He said, pointing to a spot. I rested my bag and began to pick up two nearby golf clubs.

We played golf for a bit, no wonder noone dared to challenge him, hes amazing. I mean, its his attraction of course so he would be the best at it.

"I should get going now." I said, checking the time on my phone. it read 4:00 pm. Monty pulled me aside, holding something in his palm. It was a small little green box. "Take this. Call me on it at 12 am. Dont tell anyone." He said, as I took the box out of his hand. "Uh, thanks." I said before rushing to grab my bag I had and swinging it over my shoulder. I picked up the monty fizzy faz and hurried to the elevator, sipping on the cold drink.

I rode up the elevator and made my way to the atrium,

(663 words, way way far from finished)