It Begins

It was a sunny morning, just like any other in this summer season

It was a sunny morning, just like any other in this summer season. The rays of sun beamed through the glass down to my bed, where a little white cat was snoring away. I sat up, making sure that the little cat didn't wake up from my movements as I stood up and prepared for the day ahead of me.

After a short routine of getting ready, I walked outside and started gardening in my front yard. The birds sang a beautiful tune as I worked, the assortment of flowers were starting to bloom. I could hear the sounds of animals moving in the forest as I worked. It was perfect.

A little too perfect.

Suddenly, a dark object in the corner of my eye caught my attention as it flew down from the sky. I looked up from my flowers and paused, watching the mysterious entity soar downwards. It was something I have never seen before - it was futuristic, almost reminding me of the city. I had personally never been there but had heard tales. I wished to travel there one day, but not that day. Not anytime soon.

Before I knew it, a massive explosion erupted from the object mid air. The explosion caused the animals in the forest to panic, birds flew away from the explosion in a large cluster. It was as if the object had disintegrated, a few pieces falling out of the explosion and towards the ground. Almost all of the debris fell into the giant forest just outside the village, no doubt causing panic from the animals. Surprisingly enough, little sound came from the debris hitting the ground. I would've expected more but most of the object disintegrated on impact, probably nothing but a pile of ash floating to the forest floor now. It was strange, though; I thought the newer machines wouldn't have gone that easily.

I was confused but also relieved that the debris didn't fall near my small cottage. It would've been a disaster, who knows what could've fallen from that ship. I heard a small noise from the entrance of my home and turned, a smile formed on my lips as I saw that it was my pet cat, Simon. He tilted his head and stepped up to me, pricking his ears towards the forest, his eyes wide. He looked a bit shocked from the sudden explosion interrupting his nap. I looked back at the trees, hesitating before tapping my leg and stepping back into my cottage with Simon. I think that would be enough gardening for today.

Little did I know, one of those pieces of debris would change my life forever...