Chapter 40

"first ••••"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

When Andrew had arrived back at his house the sun was already setting, he saw a bunch of missed calls and texts from Brooke.

Where are you?

There's a peer endorsement today that I knew nothing about because of that bitch!

Now would be a great time for you to show up.

Andrew?!

Mouth spoke for me. I think they liked it!

I swear you better be dead and if you're not I'm killing you myself.

Andrew, please answer.

His expression softened at the girl's text messages, feeling horrible that he couldn't respond to her due to his father taking away his phone because he didn't want any 'distractions'.

Instead of him sending a message or a call, he decided the safer bet would be to see her in person. Or just because the boy wanted to see those distinctive beautiful green eyes of hers.

"Brooke are you awake?" His voice asked in a hushed tone at the outside door that connected to her bedroom.

The girl's head snapped her head to the voice with a smile on her face and ran to open it but when she did she put on a fake scowl. "Where were you? I was scanning the room for you and I didn't see you. Then I texted and called but got nothing." She said before she gently punched his shoulder multiple times. "You made me worry."

He opened his arms and draped them over the brunette. "I know, I know and I'm so sorry for that." He apologized, he planned to tell her the reason why but he didn't want to go over his miserable day and miss the details about hers. "So tell me what I missed?" He asked taking a look at the girl in his arms.

"Okay, just come inside cause I don't want to be out here. It's creepy." She spoke making the boy laugh as she broke their hug but not before grabbing his hand and leading him inside.

She filled him in on the whole situation. Starting with Erica not notifying her that there was a peer assembly event leading her to make her own puppet. Which led to Andrew breaking down in laughter.

"Stop laughing!" She scolded as she swats his shoulder. "I had no one lined up. And honestly, I thought it was a brilliant idea."

The two spoke like time wasn't a thing. They enjoyed each other's company. Andrew did eventually tell Brooke what he did today.

Even if he didn't express how much he hated the day, Brooke saw his expression while he told his story. She could tell that his relationship with his father was not a good one. Instead of trying to push that topic, she decided to just drop it and move on.