🔥 Prologue 🔥

"Naruto, I am going out," Nadeshiko said as she pushed the snoring blond on the Futon bed with her foot. "Hey, Naruto!" She pushed him a bit rougher. "I am going out to train, Dattebano!" She pushed him aggressively and Naruto groaned.

"Okay, Dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed loudly, annoyed and rolling over to go back to bed. "Why do you have to wake me up to tell me that, Nade-Chan?!"

"If I did not, you would get up and cry that I was kidnapped and annoy the Oba-San next door!" Nadeshiko replied. "Do you want to get kicked out again? You have not learned how to read properly, either, so how can I leave you any notes, Dattabano!"

"I'll see you later, Nade-Chan," Naruto muttered and Nadeshiko sighed when he started to snore loudly again. She was always impressed by his ability to sleep so quickly.

But Nadeshiko didn't have a lot of time to waste around. She picked up her bag and walked outside, her smile dissolving into nothingness as she held her head straight. She entered the main street to head to the training grounds in order to work on her weapon-work. She wanted to be at a good level by the time they joined the Ninja Academy.

People stopped to look at the little girl walking down the street, her long red hair standing out vividly as they flowed behind her back in a manner that made them appear as if they were sentient. Nadeshiko swallowed slightly but didn't let her eyes wander. She didn't want to see the looks on their faces.

Nadeshiko had stopped looking people in their eyes long ago. She always kept her eyes straight ahead and nowhere else – and people avoided walking in front of her. And Nadeshiko was okay with it.

Turning to her right, Nadeshiko headed for the training grounds, going through them and into the forest and deeper and deeper inside until the terrain got rocky and streams ran all over the place. Nadeshiko set down her bag and pulled out sharp rocks from it to practise Kunai throwing.

Neither Nadeshiko nor Naruto had been able to buy themselves any Kunai or Shuriken. It wasn't that they never got to save enough money for it but that no one would sell them any in fear of what they might do with them.

However, the redheaded Uzumaki had managed to score a few discarded ones from practice sessions that older kids had and used them to cut up wood and rocks to make them sharp enough to be used in practice.

Taking a deep breath, Nadeshiko closed her eyes and began her practice, trying to land hits on the wooden planks she had hidden around to prove that she had improved from before.

Nadeshiko landed on her feet and opened her eyes, freezing up at the sight in front of her.

There was a boy holding onto his head, his expression very pained. It seemed like that he had dropped back against the tree trunk when he got hurt. Nadeshiko's body tensed up when she saw that the bump on his head had been caused by her rock. This is not going to end good...

She would definitely get punished for this.

"Are... are you alright?" Nadeshiko whispered as she stared at the black-haired boy. She had never talked to any kid but her own brother before. "Did ... I ... hurt ... you?"

"No, it's okay!" the boy replied with a slightly high voice as he stood up from the ground. His dark eyes looked right into her violet ones and Nadeshiko watched his cheeks turn pink lightly. "It was my fault,"

"I am... I am sorry," Nadeshiko said, looking away from him. She clutched and unclutched her small fists, not sure what to do. "I ... was not looking ... where I was going,"

"Oh, yes!" the boy said eagerly. "I saw you! It was pretty cool how you managed to get every one of them with your eyes closed! Can you teach me, too?"