Champions Champion is named

It was a quiet night in the medical wing. Only a single student had disturbed Madam Pomfrey in the last few hours and their condition had been easily corrected. The school nurse was currently in her office reading the latest edition of Magical Medical Journal while sipping a fresh cup of Ceylon orange tea with a slice of lemon. Her time of relaxation was soon interrupted by the wards on the door to the medical wing tripping, notifying her that someone had entered her dominion. She quickly set a stay warm charm on her teacup and left her office. When she saw Harry Potter with his arm dangling uselessly by his side she just let out sigh. "Good evening Mister Potter. What may I ask happened this time?"

"It was my fault, Madam Pomfrey," Hermione started. "We were practicing banishing charms to help Harry with the tournament and I accidentally hit him with a book and broke his arm."

"Very well. Have a seat on that bed," She nodded toward the bed that Harry always seemed to end up in whenever he came to the Hospital wing, "and I will have you fixed up in a jiffy."

"Uh, Madam Pomfrey," Harry started, and then he continued with the sentence Hermione had drilled into his head. "Per the annex to the Hogwarts medical charter concerning non-magically raised students, I request that my injury be healed in a non-magical manner."

Madam Pomfrey was no fool. She had been a Ravenclaw followed by tops in her medical training. Though she was at first taken back by the request since she had magically healed more bones for Harry Potter than the rest of the student body put together, it only took her a couple of seconds to put the pieces together and realize what was happening. "Very well, Mister Potter. May I perform a magical diagnosis to determine the extent of the damage?"

Harry looked at his girlfriend who thought for a couple of seconds to make sure this would not lead to any complications and, after she gave him a little nod, he said, "That will be fine."

Madam Pomfrey ran her wand over Harry's arm and then she touched the tip of it to a piece of parchment where words appeared. After reading the diagnosis, she said, "A clean break, but you are probably in a lot of pain, I presume. Can I offer you a pain potion or would you prefer a non-magical pain medication?"

Again Harry looked over at Hermione who shook her head slightly. "Non-magical please, Madam Pomfrey."

"Give me a few minutes to prepare your treatment, Mister Potter. As this is an unusual request, I do not have the required supplies readily available and must secure them." And with those words, Madam Pomfrey disappeared into her office. In this case, she had told a little white lie to Harry Potter. The non-magical supplies were available, but she wanted a little time to research something. She opened the door to the library connected to her office.

If anyone were to look at Madam Pomfrey's personal library, they would swear she was the darkest witch to ever walk the face of the earth. She had tomes describing curses that even the thought of their effects would make most witches or wizards lose any stomach content they may possess at the time. Madam Pomfrey knew she had to understand all of these hexes and curses so she could identify, counter and treat them as she encountered them in her profession. In this particular case though, she was looking for a book that wasn't particularly dark, but wasn't something found in the Hogwarts general library either. After a couple of minutes, she found the book in question and verified the spell and the required treatment of the spell being performed incorrectly. 'This should work,' she thought to herself and taking the book, and the non-magical healing supplies, she returned to Harry and Hermione.

It was only twenty minutes later that Harry had been administered the non-magical pain medication; the bone had been set and a cast had been applied to his arm.

"Now that is all done, may I suggest a different explanation to you two?" Madam Pomfrey asked with a smile.

"Wha..what do you mean different explanation?" Hermione stammered.