Potion mishap and wand weighing

Harry and Hermione had not heard the cheers, claps, whistles, or even Colin Creevey snapping photos with his camera while they were engaged in their act of osculation. They had been lost in their own world, bereft of all other senses except the feeling of each other's lips. That moment of absolute perfection was lost when a loud noise had reverberated throughout the Great Hall. Looking back at the students, they found everyone was staring in the direction of Ron who was standing up on his seat. Harry and Hermione saw their friend's face turn a color of red that every Gryffindor in the Hall would be proud of, except those immediately surrounding Ron who were struggling to breathe at the moment.

Ron stepped down from his seat, filled his plate with more food and, grabbing his cup, he stormed out of the Hall.

"I think he might have been a little jealous," Harry whispered to Hermione.

"Possibly, but it is Ron, so we can't jump to conclusions," Hermione whispered back.

Harry put his arm around Hermione's waist and led her back to the Gryffindor table where several sixth and seventh years were trying to perform air freshening charms. None of which seemed to be able to cut through the smell. Finally, Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall had to come down to finish the air cleaning.

"Couldn't you have used a non-smelling jinx on that contract?" Harry whispered to Hermione.

"The jinx only creates the flatulence out of what is in his digestive tract. Merlin knows he eats anything put in front of him," Hermione whispered back.

"Oh crap," Harry whispered, looking very stricken with a sudden thought.

"What?"

"You don't have to share a dorm with him," Harry whispered imagining night after night of similar smells.

"Let's hope he gets over it soon," Hermione replied sympathetically.

"Think I should go talk to him? Make sure he's alright," Harry asked.

"Well, he is probably jealous and embarrassed, so you might make it worse."

"True. Fine then, I'll try later or in the morning," Harry said.

"Well it's about time," came the simultaneous words of the Weasley twins who came over to them.

"About time for what?" Harry asked.

"For you two, of course, though if you could have waited until Christmas, Fred and I would have made a killing," George said.

"Killing? What do you mean?" Hermione asked.

"Why in Angelina's pool for when you two would finally figure it out," Fred said. Then, looking down the table, he called out, "Hey Angelina, who won it?"

"Uh.. Professor McGonagall did," Angelina said as she looked at a scroll.

"You were betting on when we would get together?" Hermione asked.

"No, of course not Hermione. We would never do that," George said smiling "You've been together forever. We were betting on when you would realize it."

Hermione noticed one person in particular at the Gryffindor table who was staring at her and not smiling. If looks could kill, Ginny Weasley had Avada Kedavras blazing out of her eyes directly at Hermione. Hermione just smiled at her female friend and then, taking Harry's arm, she leaned her head on his shoulder. Harry subconsciously put his arm around her and held her a little closer. That caused the youngest Weasley to storm out of the Great Hall as well. Hermione thought between the red hair and the steam that could almost be seen coming out of her ears, Ginny reminded her of the Hogwarts Express at that moment.