Chapter 5 - Suicidal Except One

As Harry turned the corner and made eye contact with Draco, the blond turned on his heel and headed in a direction away from Harry. Yes, Draco was avoiding Harry and it was driving him mad.

"Wouldn't you?"

"Huh? Yes. Yes, I would. Definitely," Harry responded back to his supposed best mate but in all honesty, they weren't really that close, but Ron still thought they were, and Harry hadn't gathered up enough courage to tell him otherwise.

"Right? Hermione said only the fool and delusional with no sense of self-preservation would compete. But that's obviously troll dung," Ron ranted to which Harry hummed in answer allowing the other to continue.

Ron was of course talking about the Triwizard Tournament taking place at Hogwarts between the three schools Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang and to put it simply, Harry couldn't care less about it. He was just looking out for any form of danger and that included the tournament. From what Hermione has told them about it, students have died in the participation of the games. Harry has survive dying a few times and he doesn't want to end his luck by purposefully putting himself in unnecessary danger that could easily be avoided.

However, he couldn't deny how revved up the school was about those who had placed their names in the Goblet of Fire. Many people had put their names in the Goblet but the one that Harry was silently rooting for, was Cedric. The rest were suicidal, but Cedric Diggory was the only one Harry would place any form of a bet on. He was the tall, strong, handsome Hufflepuff that had too many friends to count, and Harry could clearly see why. Not that Harry paid too much attention to the Hufflepuff or anything, but he was always surrounded by the girls from the same house, and he never got rest as they continuously flirted with him, yet the boy never did anything to resist them. But that wasn't it, he was also gifted academically and was so kind. Harry didn't have any problem with it of course but he thought that the man must probably get tired of all the attention he was constantly getting. But of course, with a face, body and personality like that, who in their right mind would reject such a creation?

"Harry, are you okay?" Ron asked pulling Harry from his thoughts.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I'm good. Why?" Harry tried clearing his throat.

"You followed me all the way here and we don't have the same class right now..." Ron said looking at Harry worriedly.

"What?" Harry asked as he looked around him. "Merlin's beard! I'll be late! See you at lunch!" Harry didn't finish and began to run off in the direction of his actual lesson. On turning a corner, he sprinted into someone knocking both of them over. "Oh! I am so very sorry!"

Harry rushing, quickly got up and saw who he had knocked. "Draco. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in lesson?"

"I think I too, can ask the exact same question," the blond said coldly as he picked up his one book that had landed on the floor before quickly walking past Harry.

"Please meet me tonight?" Harry asked after the boy as he disappeared around the corner.

Harry waited a few seconds for a reply before turning and continuing on his path to his lesson he was definitely late for sure.

"Harry?" a voice asked as he ran into a new corridor.

"Yes?" Harry asked as he turned around to face the new voice to which he paused.

There in front of him, stood none other than the Cedric Diggory himself in all his glory and alone which was rather unusual.

"How are you, Harry?" the older asked.

"I'm good."

"Excuse me for asking but why are you out of lesson?" always so polite.

"Sorry I got caught up taking to Ron and I realised that we didn't have the same subject and now, I'm on my way to my class," Harry explained.