|02|

"OH MY GOD DC! DC CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOU AUTOGRAPH?!" One of the students at FAMU screams

I just bury my face in my hand trying to cover myself as the paparazzi takes pictures of me. "Kimia have you heard that Malik Jr is attending here with you? Was this planned? Are you two having relations?!" The man holding the camera throws questions my way.

"Back up! Back the fuck up!" My dad yells as security pushes the people away leaving us room to climb inside the truck and close the door.

I cover my face leaning my head back against the leather seats I let out a sigh. Feeling overwhelmed and the need to cry out my frustrations. "I'm so sorry sweetie." My mom says trying to comfort me by rubbing my arm.

I pull away scoffing. "This would've never happened if I showed up alone. Like always this," I motion outside the car to the people still snapping pictures and or asking for autographs. "Wouldn't of happened if you would've just stayed back."

"Don't be like that," my dad says seriously his sympathy slightly fading. "We're ya parents we wanted to help you set your room up, see campus with you and give you a final goodbye."

"Well clearly that's not the type of life we're able to live. We can't say goodbye like normal people." I argue. "This was supposed to be my moment just for me."

"You can't be upset with us-"

I cut my mom off. "Can I just go inside just me? Then we can set up another time where I can say bye?" I wasn't just to be rude or mean, I know it's not in their control and that they can't help that this happens but for once I wanted it not to. For once I wanted to just relax and enjoy campus as a regular student. I want so badly to take control of my own life but I should've known better.

"Sure." My mom says just to make me happy. My dad just stays silent sending two knocks to the window to alert the security.

When the door opens the guard grabs my arm pulling me in the direction of the university and I shield my face the entire time as they throw questions my way. I try to zone it out as much as I can. Before I know it I was safely inside and I stare at the president of the University. "I am so sorry," he quickly apologizes his eyes glancing back and forth between the windows and me. "I wanted to send someone to help but I didn't know what you and your parents planned to do."

I could see he was genuinely sorry and I knew it wasn't under his control. "It's fine it's not your fault," I reassure him before putting on my professional self. I reach my hand out to shake his. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Jameson."

"It's very nice to meet you too," the middle aged man says politely giving me a small smile. "Out of all the students that enrolled here I am very excited to have you here. You have an impressive record, all honors classes, English Major-"

"Thank you," I say quickly smiling. "My major is still sort of undecided. But English and literature is where my heart is." I explain.

He nods understanding. "Well this is the perfect place to figure it out. Since out there is crazy it's a little too hectic to for you to be able to go to the freshmen table and get your key and map and what not. But we have all that for you right in the front office."