|19|

I placed my bags in the bags or luggage part outside of the bus

I placed my bags in the bags or luggage part outside of the bus. Before making my way on. I watched as eyes followed me as I made my way towards the back. Each seat piled up since I basically showed up at the last minute.

"Alright that was the last one! Y'all ready for Spain?!" Our professor yells and about twenty to thirty other yells follow.

I smile to myself until it drops. I wasn't sure what to do but every single seat had two people in it besides one in the very back right near the bathroom. It was like it's own section. Just two seats in the way back, nobody next to it and no one behind or across it. I glanced down at MJ seeing him sitting there with his AirPods in right next to the window. When he sees me a smirk forms on his face as he removes one of his left airpod from his ear. "I saved this one for you." He says just loud enough for me to hear.

"Oh yeah?" I question my smile growing.

"Yeah I had to fight off a lot of nerdy girls. They were all like I know two plus two and I was all like then this ain't the seat four you." I find myself laughing at his corny joke as I sit down in the seat beside him.

When I do he places a kiss on my cheek. "Yeah mmm." I hum trying to hide my smile as he places a another kiss on my exposed thighs in my jeans shorts and then pecks me on the lips.

"Don't worry. They don't hold a candle to Kimia David's though."

I smile widely at him. "Good to know, aren't you supposed to be at practice though?" I question.

He smacks his lips removing one of his AirPods he places it in my right ear. "Had to make sure you and Cion ain't get all close and shit." He jokes.

I cross my arms over his chest narrowing my eyes at him. "What's the real reason?"

He let out a sigh. "What I can't wanna go on a trip that'll help further heighten my education?" We both try and keep a straight face before bussing out laughing.

I licked my lips eyeing him. He looked so comfortable right now. With a black fitted cap on his head, black t-shirt, and some cotton black shorts to match. I found myself getting zoned out staring at him. I was attracted to him in many ways. I even found myself worrying about him often.

He'd gone from having a full schedule, two practices a day plus his classes to suddenly being available to see me basically all the time. My intuition is telling me he's skipping practice, I also know that he must be skipping practice to be here. This is basically a four day school sanctioned trip. Last I heard he'd turned down going because he's an athlete. Attending this trip would mean missing practices ontop of the upcoming game. I couldn't help but wonder, was he doing all this for me? And while any other female would've jumped for joy at that I had a completely different reaction.

I want Malik to be the best him possible. Not because of what it'd benefit me but because of what it'd benefit him. We both came all the way from home to FAMU to achieve our dreams. And while I'm still searching for my purpose he's clearly found his. Last thing I'd want is him neglecting that so he can tend to me.