Someone Who Gets Me

Hey! I have a new One Shot that will have multiple parts. The song is Someone Who Gets Me by Beverley Mitchell. I'm well aware that it is a country song, but if you listen to it just imagine it's Julie's style instead. 

Julie is shot into stardom when she posts a Tik Tok singing an original song. Now, she's got her second album coming out. She's tired and wants to go home after a live interview, but still has to got to a photo shoot right away. Then to top it off, her driver is retiring an intriguing guy in a cut off tee shows up to take his place.

~~~~~

"Here to perform her first number one single, Someone Who Gets Me, Julie Molina!"

Julie stepped up to the microphone and prepared to sing. She was nervous, no doubt. She always was when singing live, but this was what she wanted to do, so she shook it off and took a deep breath.

I'm just a girl misunderstood, but hopin'

I'll find someone who lets me run wide open

Who doesn't try to change me

From who i'm meant to be

Someone who gets me

This was crazy. After she had lost her mom, she had stopped playing the piano and singing all together. After time and encouragement from her best friends, she was able to overcome it. And the one time she uploaded a video of herself singing this song on tik tok, it blew up. She wasn't expecting anything like this, but it seemed like the perfect opportunity to team up with a record label and release an entire album that she had written.

I'm just a girl who laughs out loud when i'm nervous

Feel like the main attraction in the circus

When the lights go out i'm different

And all I want to see is

Someone who gets me

Someone who lets me be who I am, not who i'm not

And never gonna be

Whose heart will protect me

Someone who gets me

Julie had written this song after she had just broken up with her ex-boyfriend, Nick. They fit together before, but as their relationship went on, he seemed to not understand what she saw as the end goal of the relationship. He didn't understand why she would want to tour around the world singing when he could "have a job to support both of us." From that moment on, Julie knew it wasn't the right fit.

I'm just a girl who cries sometimes for no reason

Been known to wear the wrong clothes for the season

Yeah, i'm a backseat driver

And i'm gonna drive 'em crazy

Someone who gets me

Someone who lets me be who I am, not who I'm not

And never gonna be

Who won't misdirect me

Someone who gets me

Julie just wanted someone who could love her for her and who she wanted to be. So, that's what this song was about.

My life's not so ordinary

Sometimes sane and sometimes scary

Am I wrong for wanting someone so