Chapter 7

"In love, one always starts by deceiving oneself... and ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance." - Oscar Wilde

• • •

The morning light filtered through the curtains as your eyes fluttered open.

You sighed and climbed out of bed. You have everything planned out for today; in fact, you thought of everything before going to bed last night; at two a.m.

"Y/N, where are you going today?" Your father questioned as to when you were ready to exit the front door. The aroma of your favorite breakfast dish filled the air, and you quickly changed your path into the kitchen.

"You cooked it?" You smiled as you analyzed the journal in his hands. It wasn't just any old journal; it was your mother's recipe collection. He gave a nod.

"Don't leave in a rush, I prepared it for you,"

Nothing can really be rescheduled. You don't even have Eunwoo's phone number, but the food smells so delicious. He wouldn't mind if you were a little late, would he?

As you began to set the table for the two of you, your father smiled. The food tasted exactly like how your mom used to make it. Your father told you stories, interrogated about your grades, and discussed his plans for the day.

"Thank you for the delicious meal!" You grabbed the plates and walked over to the sink, ready to do the dishes. Your father's hands stopped yours from moving and he began washing the dishes himself.

"You had somewhere to be, right?" Your dad gestured for you to leave, and you nodded.

"That's unusual. Do you really want me gone?" you joked. "Of course not, but I'm sure you had plans with a boy," He teased.                                                                             

"Dad!"

"Go on, go on!"

What a fantastic way to start the day. To think you'd have to deal with Eunwoo first thing in the morning is ridiculous. He told you to stock up on snacks as if your pockets weren't practically empty.

You arrived at the convenience store and entered. You decided that you were just going to buy one small bag of chips, so he thinks you're terrible and never asks you to buy anything for him again.

In a hurry, you reached for a random bag that happened to be the last one in stock. If it was all gone, this should be delectable! Instead, another hand reached out and grabbed it before you. You sighed and grabbed the chips next to it, which didn't look particularly appetizing.

"Y/N?" The person next to you spoke up. As you recognized the voice, you awkwardly turned to face them.

You uttered a brief 'hi,' followed by a voice crack. The girl in front of you chuckled and offered her bag. "I'm sorry, but you can have it If you'd like."

"What? No, no! You don't have to-"

"Really, just take it,"

"Mina-"

She smiled proudly as you traded bags. "I can try something new. What if this is really good?" Mina stared at the bag of chips she was now holding. "Or what if it's really terrible? That's why you shouldn't have traded our bags and I could eat the mess for you," You wave your empty hand indicating that you could switch again.