4. Nervous?

This morning I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had. I guess that's what I get for underage drinking.

After I finished getting ready for school I had some time to spare so I went downstairs to eat breakfast. I usually skipped breakfast but I decided to have at least a bowl of cereal with a Tylenol.

After I was finished eating it was time to leave and Gia let me know that she was outside waiting for me with Rue.

She's picking me up today because after school I'm going to her place for dinner.

I got in the car and put on my seatbelt. "Hey Gia, Hey Rue." "Sup." Rue looked at me. Gia smiled. "Hi Scarlett!"

"Why are you in such a good mood?" I laughed. "Because she has a little boo thang." Rue chirped with a teasing smile.

I looked at Gia with my mouth in an o-shape. She covered her face with her hands. "Both of you shut up!"

We finally made it to school and walked into our first period. We had it together.

During class I never really payed much attention. I usually zone out and keep to myself. Surprisingly I still manage to keep a good grade in this class.

Gia knows how I am and so she doesn't "bother" me. That's one of the many things I love about her. She knows when to give me space and she never gives me shit for it.

The bell rang bringing me back to reality and I walked out with Gia. "Hey, so after school Rue wants to go to the gas station again." Gia spoke up.

I had a judgmental look on my face. "Again? Well do you need me to come with?" I asked. "Yeah." She replied with her head down. "Okay. So I'll see you at your place for dinner?" I asked with a small smile trying to lighten the mood.

"Duh!" She playfully nudged my shoulder. We  both said our goodbyes and parted ways to get to our next class.

I had this weird feeling in my stomach because I knew that I was going to see Ashtray again. This was a weird feeling and I didn't like feeling it. I didn't like how much of an affect this kid has on me.

School is finally over and I was extremely happy.
I texted Gia so that we could meet by the bench and start walking to where Rue was together.

"You guys ready?" Rue asked leaning against her car. "Yeah" Gia and I both said at the same time.

As we were walking I started to tell Gia about Ashtray. She teased me about it and laughed as I told her to shut up.

I asked her to tell me more about the boy she has been talking to and she did. When she talked about him her eyes lit up and she couldn't stop smiling. Just by the way she spoke about him I could tell that she really liked him and that made me happy.

We finally got to the gas station and Fez welcomed us in. "Wassup?" "Hey Fez." Rue replied walking up to him. I gave him a small wave.

I saw Ashtray and I told Gia that I would be back.

"Hey Scarlett. It's Scarlett right?" He looked at me. "Hi Ashtray. Yeah, that's right. How have you been?" My voice was laced with confidence even though it felt like my stomach was doing flips.

"Been chillen, you?" He smirked. It was like he saw right through me. "Yeah, me too. I guess." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Do I made you nervous?" He asked in a trading tone. "No, why would you make me nervous?"  I looked up at him. "Well your mouth is saying one thing but your body language is saying another." He started walking outside.

I followed him out. "Wow you really pay attention to detail huh?" He smirked. "Only with you."

I think my heart just stopped. "Funny."

"What's funny?" He asked in a teasing tone. "That. You." I looked at him as he took a seat on one of the chairs outside.

He chuckled and looked at the ground with his legs spread open and his arms in between the open space.

I was about to open my mouth and say something but I was cut off by a yelling Gia.

"Hey Scarlett, let's go!" She called out. "I'm coming!" I yelled back.

I looked at Ashtray. "Bye." "Bye Scarlett." He looked at me with a straight face, but I swear that the corners of his mouth were lifted just a bit.