brown guilty eyes and little white lies

c h a p t e r    1
                      e p i s o d e    1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"lovie hi!" Caroline grinned cheerfully running to hug the sophomore
Lovie forced a smile at her friend and greeted her back "Care hi"

Caroline released Lovie from the hug but kept her at arms distance "Are you okay?"

Over the two month break, Lovie and her long term boyfriend, Jeremy Gilbert ended things. Caroline took it upon herself to checkup on the heartbroken girl who still hadn't mentioned why the couple ended things. In fact, no one besides the couple (and a 3rd party) knows why they ended things.

"I'm better.." Lovie glanced at the floor "It hurts less"

Caroline frowned and pulled the girl back into her arms for an even tighter hug "Today is a new day and this is the start of a new school year.  So many things are possible, I'm here for you. Always"
"Thank you Care bear" Lovie returned the hug before releasing the girl and rolling her eyes playfully
"Now go on. I know your dying to see how Elena's doing"

Caroline grinned before kissing Lovie's cheek and skipping off down the hall. Lovie chuckled to herself watching the girl she considered a big sister speed off when her eyes caught a familiar brown eyed boy.

The two looked at each other, neither one blinking before a brunette girl stepped in front of the boy causing Lovie to snap her gaze away and speed off down the hall with tears building up in her eyes. Lovie turned a corner and bumped into a taller broad figure.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going" Lovie apologized wiping her eyes and sucking up air through her nose.
The broad figure she bumped into frowned "Don't even worry about it, it's okay, but are you?"

"Am I what?"
"Okay? You look like you were crying"

Lovie's eyes widened "No! No I wasn't...doing that. Tears were not leaving my eye sockets. If anything I was sweating...from my eye...lids. That's kinda gross. Nevermind"
The boy's lip tugged up in amusement at how animated the young girl was.

"I'm Stefan Salvatore"
"Lovie"
"Do you mind pointing me in the direction of the main office? Way to many wrong turns on my part" Stefan asked switching the conversation causing Lovie to release a breath of air in relaxation.
"Go down this hall and take the first left. It'll be the second door with a bunch of windows."
"Thank you, it was nice meeting you" Stefan nodded before walking off as Lovie did the same before continuing down the hall in search of her locker.

"Lovie!" a voice called out after a few minutes of silence. When Lovie turned towards the sound she spotted her friends Marie and Kaleb
"Hey guys!"
"How are you?" Kaleb asked as he wrapped an arm around the girl after Marie released her

Lovie was getting sick of people asking her how she was because all it made her want to do is cry. Lovie hated crying.

"Better"

This was the umpteenth time she'd said that word today. She'd said it when Caroline asked her. She'd said it when her neighbor Jenna asked while she was trying to run out of the house in order to not be spotted by the very reason she was trying to be "better". She even said it when the guy who worked the morning shift at the grill asked her. She was getting tired of that word. Simply because it wasn't true. Lovie wasn't feeling any better than she yesterday or the day before. Oh how Lovie hated lying.

"That's good" Marie and Kaleb smiled happy their friend was doing better after her heartbreak. Thing was she wasn't doing better. It was a heartbreak. It had only been 47 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes and 18 seconds since Jeremy and Lovie ended things but the heartache goes back further than that.

"Let's go to the grill today!" Marie suggested with a smile
"We can invite Mack and Ollie" The straight haired sophomore added

Kaleb nodded looking at Lovie for her final decision. If Lovie wasn't going, chances are neither was he. Kaleb was horrible with other people. Lovie made things easier when Marie got her bursts of energy that he didn't know how to handle.

Lovie looked at Kaleb and saw him already watching her "Yea okay. We haven't all hung out in a while"

Marie jumped up and down excitedly "Yay!!"

The ringing of the bell signifying class is about to start caused Lovie to sigh "I don't wanna be late, so I'll see you at lunch"
"Of course Lovie, we'll see you then" Kaleb waved

Lovie dropped her shoulders as she walked. Lovie loved her friends. She appreciated how caring they were but they're caring nature was the reason they didn't hang out much after her breakup. To be honest, Lovie wanted to be happy. She wanted to get over this heartbreak but she couldn't. She didn't give herself a chance to cry. she didn't give herself a chance to scream and curse out the reason for these feelings. She thought maybe he was happier, but God did she hope he wasn't.