Chapter Six

Chase's Pov
To make up for the chaos that was filled with the whole covid situation, everyone including me and the boys back at our own house. We decided to break the tension by going thrift shopping with Vinnie, Larray and a few others to pass the time of being locked in. Usually Nyx would happily join in aside from the usual times when she had lows from her high functioning depression, she could stay in her room for weeks and sleep it away.

It's the way she coped, and being as the entire hype house could get quite clueless about that sort of thing. Sadly it wasn't my place to share and she would share with those she truly cared and valued about the thoughts she could get when like that.

My eyes scanned around a lot of things laughing, as I looked at some of the cool looking things located around the shop.
"Chase this looks like something you need in your house!" I whipped around for a moment to study the very gothic looking piece Ryland was pointing out, quickly I moved around the cameras to look at it making a small noise in content at the sight picking it up, ignoring them singing 21st century vampire.

"Oh this looks nice Nyx would appreciate this not you guys!" I hollered with amusement watching Ryland prop himself to lean against me a bit.

"Where is Nyx anyway? I miss seeing her, she'd be playing with my hair by now." Larray had questioned roughly out in confusion sitting back down on the bench with ease ruffling up his hair in the process, looking between everyone for answers after putting his phone away with focused like ease.

"Uhh well let's see. Gimme a minute." I chuckled whipping my phone out of my jacket pocket ignoring the heavy look I felt staring at the back of my head. I held my phone up near me closely after placing it on speaker for a quick moment, as the dial tone rang before you could hear the small click of  it connecting the call right away.

"Hello? What's up Chase?" I found myself smiling breathing out a chuckle at the sound of her half sleepy tone and the aggressive tone of her shuffling and moving around.

"Hey what's up? Some of the guys and I are shopping did you wanna join or something." You could hear the heavy background before her soft giggle sounded out.

"Though that sounds fun, I'm at work."

"So then I had like the best idea ever. She was gonna love us for crashing her lovely job to see all her best friends. Like it was genius." I grinned casually at the camera's nodding my head focused like. "She especially loves seeing Vinnie even though they live right down the hall from one another."

The trip down to Nyx's job took a good twenty minutes before we arrived at the mall at the quite large hot topic. Vinnie entering first followed by everyone else. I spotted Nyx in no time, a grin growing on my face seeing she was drinking from her water bottle after she had gotten done stacking up things.

"There's the girl of the hour!" I don't think I had ever seen her do a spit take so harsh like spinning to face all of us who had gotten into her view, a sudden laugh left her as she used the back of her hand to wipe away the water, keeping it in front of her mouth.

"I should have known when you called me Chase. Can you guys try not to get me fired please." It made me happy to see her smiling greeting everyone with hugs. Though Vinnie made sure to keep his arms wrapped around her to the full max bringing her closer to his side, chewing at his gum roughly with a little chuckle.

"I can't promise you that, but did you help decorate? Cause it looks bad ass." I commented, scanning everything, already finding somethings I was gonna buy in a quick instant.

"Of course I did cause I'm the best. I'm kidding don't take what I say to heart. This is were I got Vinnie his new favorite angry bird pillow." The taller male let out a husky chuckle followed by a whine resting his head on top of her muttering quietly.

"That's cause you keep calling me a angry bird. So I became one." Nyx made quite the face before she was speaking through her shaking laughter.

"Isn't this also you, I hate everyone. I don't know just don't come near me right now, I dislike everyone but you ah!" Through her deep mimics of his voice he had laughed with her dragging her off to the side of the store exclaiming back at her. I found myself grinning shaking my head side to side.

There's no possible way they are this oblivious to each other liking one another. Vinnie doesn't even hide it with all the PDA and affection he shows her. Even Larray was staring at me with a smirk shaking his head quickly in amusement.

"Uh let's see a long time ago back when I first joined the hype house let's see I was around seventeen or so. Nyx was eighteen, I could say I had a small crush on her... She's gonna see this anyway, she's kind hearted very gorgeous.  So it shouldn't really be a shock." I chuckled and looked to the side sitting firmly on the couch looking away for a moment to shake away my nerves of saying this about to be in a aired episode.

"That went away after a while, with me dating Charli and all, me and Nyx remained good friends even though I never told her. some things happen for a reason, you can linger on what ifs. Who's to say what would have happened if we ever did you know." I connected my hands together with a chuckle, shaking my head slowly. "But for now, just wanna see her happy."