v. 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗲𝗶

no requester
word count - ~2.6k
warnings: depicted violence/abuse (not inflicted by ei)

"When I become a person deserving of your love..."

For much of your life, you have not seen yourself as special

However, you have felt needed. You were good at your work, after all, a hardworking and dutiful household servant. But to be wanted for something other than the services you could offer to others? You had never felt such a way.

Not until you met her.

She was all etherealness and elegance—inhuman beauty paired with refined mannerisms. She was a god to her people and a staunch ruler of her country, and for many a year you had done nothing but admire her from afar. So was the fate of most humans who watched their very own Raiden Shogun.

Many despised her. The vision hunt decree ruined and took many lives—and the resistance, those who opposed the Shogun, fought to reclaim the rights of Inazuma and it's people.

The Raiden Shogun quickly became a symbol of decay instead of her beloved eternity.

But now the vision hunt decree was no more, thanks to a traveler from another land, and the Electro Archon had taken up the position of being a more understanding ruler to her people. It was truly a momentous change for the impoverished Inazuma.

However, you never thought that you would be able to meet this kinder version of the Shogun.

A position among the Tenshukaku-based division of the Tenryou Commission was never a place you could even imagine yourself being. You remember when you were approached about the position—how Kujou Kamaji himself had sought you out at your current place of work.

He claimed that due to your outstanding performance at your current job and recommendations from your place of work—you were more than qualified to work within the ranks of the servants among Tenshukaku. What is strange about that however, is how undoubtedly strange the invitation was.

Especially since you were absolutely sure none of your associates would recommend you for the position.

And also, the employer which you had worked under for most of your years was dead. Murdered, actually, just a few short months ago. And you are absolutely sure the new, busy head of the estate knew nothing of you; a lowly servant.

But besides the strangeness of the request, you still accepted the offer. The lavishness of Tenshukaku was not to be underestimated, and you thought this was a once in a lifetime opportunity; an opportunity you would be stupid not to accept.

You expected... well, you aren't exactly sure what you expected—considering you were off to join the ranks of Tenshukaku only a day after your acceptance—but that night you were kept awake thinking of what this could mean for you. To live and work in the same building as the Raiden Shogun herself, the Archon of Electro... it was almost inconceivable to a woman of such poor social standing as you. You expected to be happy in your new position. A fair expectation, no?