Flustered

Hey, I've never published my stuff before so I hope you like my first ever book. Enjoy :)
.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

It was pointless. How were you supposed to get your dance done without a partner? You had been practicing a duet for a performance your dance studio is putting on, but your partner came down with chicken pox and had to back out. Now everytime you try to dance to the song you lose your train of thought and trip over yourself. Thankfully you had someone to rant to on FaceTime to your heart's content."Jack you don't get it, Daniel was a great dancer and god is punishing me right now I swear" I ranted to my bestfriend, Jack, as I looked through Netflix. He smiled at my frustration, "aye it'll be fine, who's your new partner supposed be?" He asked. I hadn't realized til now, my instructor still hasn't found a new partner for me. I huffed and said "fuck you for reminded me, she still hasn't found one." He kissed his teeth and suggested "How bout I'll come with you tomorrow to help get this dance engraved in to yuh brain" as he smiled that same smile. The smile that made me blush and he knew that. I nodded and we hung up so I could sleep some.
(Next morning)
I sipped on my morning smoothie til I got the text from Jack saying he was outside. I grabbed my dance bag and headed out. "Wassup shawty" he said as I got in his freshly cleaned car. I hugged him and we took off. I played with my fingers and Jack said "don't be nervous, you'll sike yourself out like you always do" as he focused his gaze on the road. I appreciated how attentive he was to my little ticks, not many people were. We walked in and the front lady said "woah who's he? Are you a relative sir?" As she stared Jack down. I always bring jack in so I don't know why the front desk always tries to remind me that only family can watch the dances. I waved her off as I said "he's practically my family so he's coming with me today" as we went back to the studio. "Ok sit right.. here and don't do too much ok?" I said as I directed Jack to the back corner bench. He huffed saying "I don't do too much" as he furrowed his brows. I ignored him as I started stretching.
(Time skip)
Two hours. I've been dancing for an hour. Listening to that same song for TWO HOURS. I laid on the cool wood floor. It soothed my aching body as I said "this dance is cursed". My instructor said "c'mon let's do it one more time" as she seemed just as tired as me. Jack just cheered me on in the corner. Music started, I danced with every bone in my body. Then the part that kept fucking me up came up, and I slipped and busted my ass. "Fuck!" I yelled as I sat on my probably bruised ass. My instructor huffed and told me to take five as she walked out. I heard foot steps as Jack said "you keep falling". I said with a thick layer of duh, "yeah I know dumbass" as I sat my head in my hands. I heard a shuffle then he said "yeah but you shouldn't lift your leg like that without someone to catch you". I slowly stood up as I stretched. I looked in the mirror and said "well daniel is supposed to catch me like," and I adjusted jacks arms to be out infront with clenched fist, "..this, and then I can fall into him" as I demonstrated. Jack caught me exactly as I said. I finished the move and said "then he grabs me, grab my hips" as I instructed Jack. He held my hips and I pulled myself up into his arms. He was holding me like the dance calls for. I looked down and suddenly couldn't think as I looked into his eyes. I was snapped out of it when I heard "yes, yes that's it!!" My instructor had seen the last few moves I did with Jack. He gently let me down and went to go back to his corner. She stopped him and instructed him to my side. She said "your friend, can he dance?" I laughed "only if it's on tiktok". He nudged me and she said "well let's test that, Jack is it? Please stand in for this go" as she went to the radio. I said "but he doesn't know the rest" as I stood there red faced from both my exhaustion and my blush. He turned and said "I seen you do it a million times, especially with Dani boy, I think I might got it." I breathed out and let the music start. How many times can a person hear genie in a bottle before they go insane? We'll see.

I feel like I've been locked up tight
For a century of lonely nights
Waiting for someone to release me

I forgot how much hips there were in this dance until I had to do it against Jack. Feeling his body intertwine with mine, only for second at a time, as I wrapped around him. It made me have.. thoughts. Thoughts I've only had alone in my room.

You're lickin' your lips
And blowing kisses my way
But that don't mean I'm gonna give it away
Baby, baby, baby

Jack seemed like he'd been dancing as much as I have. He was so gentle yet I felt secure in his arms. It was hard to not just collapse into him due to my aching muscles. The way his skin brushed against mine made me melt.

Oh, oh, oh
My body's sayin' let's go
Oh, oh, oh
But my heart is sayin' no

My instructor seemed to be entranced by me and Jack. I think I was too. I never knew Jack could be like this. I never knew Jack could make me feel like this. My heart felt like it was beating out my chest.

If you wanna be with me
Baby, there's a price to pay
I'm a genie in a bottle
You gotta rub me the right way

I was starting to go into this weird mental state. I couldn't focus on anything but the dance. Couldn't focus on anything but Jack. The way he grasped me, gave me butterflies. The same butterflies I got when he'd text me first or pick me up for a surprise day out.

If you wanna be with me
I can make your wish come true
You gotta make a big impression
Gotta like what you do

As the song went on I couldn't stop looking into his eyes. His gorgeous, gorgeous eyes. It was finally the part I had been failing at. The song echoed it's chorus as I fell into Jack. He carried me and lifted me. I was met face to face with the guy I've had the hugest crush on since forever, inches away from his lips. I latched onto him and laid back. He swayed me and brought me up. The song ended as he gently set me onto the floor on my back. My instructor said "he's going to preform with us, no 'if's' 'and's' or 'but's' about it" as she ran out excited. I breathed out "finally" as I laid out on the cool floor. Jack laid next to me and said "you did great, you just needed a partner" as he rubbed my thigh. I blushed bright red as I tried to keep my composure. He turned and said "aahh you all flustered and shit." I pushed him and said "fuck off harlow, let's go" as I walked out the studio with Jack following close behind, sporting a toothy grin. We arrived at my apartment and as I got out to walk into my place Jack pulled me back in and said "lemme take you out." I was in shock by his words I thought he was joking. "W-what'd you say?" I stuttered out. He repeated "lemme take you out, on a date?" As he raised an eyebrow. I giggled nervously and said "Uh y-yeah that sounds good" as I played with my fingers. He smiled and said "I'll come by tomorrow night, 8 o' clock shawty" giving me one last wink before I shut the door. I walked into my room and said "I'm going on a date with Jack Harlow".

Aaghhh did you like it? Should I do a part 2?? Let me know please
.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.