Chapter 3 - Lunch with a Murderer

Previously:

"Checkmate." Then you left to go to your next class.

Currently:

It was finally Saturday, and you were preparing yourself for lunch with Mittelt. Your mom kept trying to insist that it was a date, but you kept denying it. It was just lunch to pay you back. Nothing more, nothing less.

You decided to leave and actually make it there on time. She said to meet her at the shopping district. So, you made your way there. On the way you passed a lot of people handing out fliers although one handed you a flier with a weird circle on it

 On the way you passed a lot of people handing out fliers although one handed you a flier with a weird circle on it

It looked kinda demonic, hey, maybe Sona was right. You looked to the person who gave it to you. She just gave you a smile and said, "Here take a flier!"

Her outfit was kinda weird but maybe she was promoting some weird cafe

Her outfit was kinda weird but maybe she was promoting some weird cafe. You just gave her a nervous smile, "Thanks." She then walked off. 

You put the flyer in your pocket and went to continue walking to the shopping district but was stopped by rapid footsteps behind you and a shout. "Y/NNNNN!"

You turned around to see Mittelt running at you full speed. You braced for impact, but it never came. She just stopped in front of you. "So, you ready to go to lunch?"

You just nodded, "Yep." She grabbed your arm much to your dismay and walked you the rest of the way to the restaurant. It didn't take long, so you both got in and got your seats quickly. 

While waiting to order, you and Mittelt made small talk. Mostly about how your days have been. She then asked you a weirdly familiar question. "Y/N?"

You stopped chewing and looked at her with a mouthful of food. "Yhe?" You then finished swallowing that bite. "Yeah?"

"Do you believe in the supernatural?" It seemed like an innocent question. But considering it was just asked yesterday, and then followed with a warning of today, you were kind of suspicious.

You decided to be vague so she didn't get angry or suspicious, "Eh, kinda."

She was taken aback and got annoyed, "What do you mean kinda? It's a yes or no question."

You thought of your next words carefully, and lied through your teeth, "Well, I believe that magical beings like devils, and angels exist. But I don't believe that they interact with humans to the point it deserves it's current fame."

She then just sits back and rolls her eyes at you, "You could have just said yes."

"Yeah, but I figured you'd want an honest answer." Even though it was anything but.

Sitting up and giving you a smile, she gave her opinion, "Well then, I appreciate your honesty."

You internally sighed in relief and smiled back at her. 

You two finished your meals, and you were ready to head back home

On your way back, you passed a park. She grabbed your arm and dragged you to the fountain in the center.

"Y/N, in honor of this date, I want to end it in a special way." She let go of your arm and turned to you looking shy. "I wanted to ask you to do something for me."

You gave her a somewhat skeptical look. This wasn't a date, and you didn't want her owing you any favors. "Go ahead I guess. Not like there's much else I can do."

She seems to not like your non-chalant attitude and her face turns sour. "Now is normally the point where, I ask you to die for me. But I'm just fed up at this point." Two pitch black wings emerged from her back and a pink spear formed in her hands.

You slowly backed away with your hands up and fear plastered on your face, "Mittelt, what's going on?" 

She looks at you and lets out a sinister laugh, "You look so adorable when you cower in fear." She blitzes you with speed you've never seen before. A searing pain goes through your gut, and you could feel your body start to heat up. "If it makes you feel any better, I had some fun."

She pulls her arm back and you could see a glowing pink dil- spear looking thing in her hand. You wanted to speak, to come up with some sort of come back. But you could only cough up blood. 

You fell onto your knees, and then fell face first on the ground. She then decided to open her mouth again. "Well, I gotta go, Raynare's waiting for me. Have fun bleeding out and praying to whatever you believe in for a good afterlife."

You could hear the flapping of wings, and they kept getting further and further away. Is this what it feels like to die? The cold and lonely feeling that welled up from the pit of your stomach. Your life flashed before your eyes. 

Playing catch with your dad. Getting your first kiss from that girl in elementary school. The day your dad left. The day you realized your dad wasn't gonna come home again. You and Saji playing video games at his house. You and Souna playing chess.

Souna, she was an interesting girl. One you wished you could spend for time with. Maybe you should have taken her offer. Life as a devil huh. That'd be interesting. 

You could feel your face get wet. Whether they were tears, or blood you couldn't tell. Focusing you could see so much blood.

Blood, something you were somewhat familiar with. You were a rough and rowdy kid, so you'd get your wounds. But you'd never seen this much of it. If it wasn't your own, you'd think someone was murdered.

Well, someone was murdered, you. You were losing consciousness. You were growing cold. The hole in your chest was numb. Everything was going dark. The world around you was silent. 

You drew your final breath.