ㅡ『10』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 10
Your eyes are weird
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

     SEBASTIAN LAUGHED inside his head at the state he was currently in. The vampire found himself situated in a pub in Lewiston. It was cliché for him, like the books that he had read before, the young man tried but desperately failed in making himself drunk.

Turns out vampires can't be intoxicated. Anyhow, no amount of alcohol can numb the pain of potentially losing the love of your life, your soulmate, your mate, whatever you would call it. And so, Sebastian was forced to live the moment.

But that didn't stop the raven-haired man from ordering drinks for the past 24-hours. He simply found the taste enjoyable and intriguing, it seems like alcohol does not taste like dirt like any other human food.

Whiskey, Bourbon, Tequila. An odd combination but he wasn't human, he's not going to puke his guts out and have a hangover.

The pub-owner is having a field day. It would seem like the vampire tasted at least every alcoholic beverage that they had. Comes the drink, comes the money.

The cycle continued for at least 3 days before a new person went strutting inside the bar. The vampire watched as the woman sat in the barstool a couple of meters from his booth, her back turned against him.

Oddly, the woman held a vivid resemblance to Rosalie. She had shoulder length blonde curls, the same stature, and the way that the both of them held themselves together.

Just great, you go to into a new town to hopefully forget, then your mind automatically goes to the person you're trying to forget when you see a person who's a single ounce familiar.

The vampire snapped out of his stupor as the woman turned around to meet his eyes. Every thought about her changed. He no longer thinks that she was even an ounce familiar to Rosalie Lillian Hale.

When the woman turned, she wasn't like the people of this town. Her skin didn't hold the slight tan that the other people had. But what confirmed the suspicion was her sparkling red eyes.

She was a vampire.

     In a split second, the woman who was sitting on the barstool now sat in front of Sebastian.

     "So, Do you need anything from me stalker?" The woman jeered

     Sebastian only squinted his eyes at her, now wanting to be left alone. "No, now go away."

     "Okay, rude... your eyes are weird!" She exclaimed, "Vampires are supposed to have scarlet eyes right? Wait... are you a vampire?"

     "I'm rude? You're the one telling people that they have weird eyes"
The raven-haired vampire retorted. "And I am someone who wants to be alone."

     "Great! So why are your eyes yellow? Or gold? Or whatever their colors are..."
She persisted,

     "You don't seem to have a grasp on what I want to be alone means?" Sebastian sneered, slowly becoming annoyed at the woman.

     "It means that the person who said that doesn't want to be accompanied by someone. See? I'm smart!" She exclaimed in joy. "Now tell me why your eyes are different from mine"