Sick Day || 03

note: jungkook is 14 and jimin is 19

___

a whiny cry echoes in the middle of the night, making jimin frown as he pushes his assignment papers aside, turning his chair around to see what made his sister cry out at this hour, disrupting her sleep. he stands up, turning the lights on and goes near the bed, sitting on the edge as he pats the toddler's stomach gently to put her back to sleep.

"it's okay, go back to sleep." he hums softly, leaning down and presses a kiss on her forehead that feels too warm against his lips. he stares at the little girl, bringing his hand up to feel the temperature, realising it's a fever that woke her up.

he sighs softly, glancing at the desk with his undone assignment, biting the inside of his cheek and carries aera in his arms, patting her back to make her stop crying. "hey, don't cry princess. you'll be okay, oppa will give some medicine and then riri will feel better hm?"

the girl doesn't listen and continues sobbing, clutching on the fabric of his plain white t-shirt, "are you hurting somewhere, baby?"

"oppa... icky,"

"aw it's alright, it'll get better. don't worry." he says, heading downstairs to the kitchen and makes her sit on the counter.

she rubs her eyes, letting out tiny hiccups while jimin pours some water for her in her favourite sippy cup that she wouldn't let go even after being three and a half years old now. but he said nothing, it was adorable to watch her staring around with her round eyes, suckling the water or the milk out of the cup quietly.

he hands it to her and grabs a pack of her snacks, believing it would be better to feed her something than giving the medicine on an empty stomach. however he's pondering on his thoughts, then deciding it's better to wake the jin up and ask him for some professional medical guidance for giving his three-year-old sister something wrong would be too risky.

"eat this okay? i'll come in a minute." he says, handing the cookies to her after putting them in her plate. aera takes one in her hand, staring at the five more, nibbling on it slowly while jimin jogs upstairs to the eldest hyung's room.

"hyung," he calls, knocking on the door, "jin hyung, wake up it's an emergency."

the eldest grumbles something out which sounds too slurred for jimin to make out a meaning. so he repeats the process, and soon the door opens, revealing a half asleep jin.

"hyung, sorry to wake you up right now, but aera's temperature is high and she's crying a lot." he says, taking jin's arm and pulls him downstairs with him, "i don't know what's wrong, and so i thought of asking you first before giving any medicine."

"hm it's okay," jin nods, "is her stomach hur-"

his words get interrupted, hearing another sharp cry and some coughing noise from the kitchen that has the two rushing in, wincing on seeing the little girl sitting between a mess after throwing up, crying as her hand moves to her mouth.

"oh my god," jin sighs, grabbing some tissues and paper towels to clean aera. "jimin, you clean up here, i'll see what's wrong with her." he instructs, feeling his doctor-instincts kicking in.

jimin nods, getting to work once jin's taken aera aside and started wiping her hands and mouth. the toddlers continues wailing her lungs out, earning frequent worried glances from the brother who still couldn't understand what's making her cry so much suddenly.

"hey, don't cry. our riri's a good girl right?" jin says, unfastening the buttons of her night shirt and wipes her body clean, "ah my baby, you're okay, don't cry honey."