3) Rejoicing and regrets

Hey watties! This update is dedicated to girwrites16  She being the first reader to vote and show her love. Huge shout-out to you ! It means a lot when you all show your love and motivate me to work for you all. Thanks girl!!

"Riyaansh bhaiya you?", My eyes widened in bewilderment. It was so surprising to find someone from my childhood. I immediately became excited and one by one all the memories started to flash before my eyes.

"Correction there, Riyaansh. What is the bhaiya thing you always call me", he sounded irritated yet exuberant.

"I've called you bhaiya since forever. How come you are here? We're seeing each other after 8 years! I could not imagine seeing you! Kanha ji, is it really for true? How's aunty? Uncle? Where were you all these years? What are you doing right now? Are you married?", I bit my tongue at this question. I always blabber something wrong when I get skittery. 

"Freeze it there girl, so many in a row. Okay, no bhaiya first of all, call me Riyaansh, or Ansh, whatever you please but no bhaiya. And, secondly, I'm not married, haha. I was out of the town for some time for expanding our business a bit. Papa and mom were here and everyone is doing great. How are you?", Riyaansh chukled maintaining his solicitous tone.

"I am the same weirdo you left behind! Out of nowhwere, I found you, I am so grateful for it! What a miracle this is! Till when are you goind to stay in the city?", I questioned him sincerely wanting to hear the befitted reply.

"I am gonna live here Nikki. It's done with the business outside, now I am gonna stay here and search a girl with a good ass for me", Riyaansh laughed at his lame joke.

"That means, we're not meeting for the last time!! Thank you God", I folded my hands and started jumping on my seat. "You can not even imagine I am getting to see my childhood again after years"

"What last time? No girl, I'll come to your place and then..." He took a pause trying to remember something," Uncle and papa were best of friends,right? Aren't they in contact now?"

I watched him thunderstruck. I possibly know why. I was petrified and became conscious. Oh no, what have I done. He is Riyaansh, the Agnihotri son. How could I? Meeting him means meeting the whole family again, my parents would kill me if they got to know I am in contact with the Agnihotris. No no, I don't want to face my past again. Riyaansh is a very nice person, I do respect him a lot but I cannot stay in touch with him so much. And Neil, oh no! God why did you plan this, I was enjoying my life so much already. I wish this is the last time we meet!

"What happened Nikki? Where are you lost? Tell me where do you live now, I'll come and we'll get back both the families on track, like before!", he was so calm and considerate. I really loved the way he cared.

Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name,"Shally, let's cut the cake. Come quick". It was Rohan. Thanks Krishna ji! for helping me out from this situation. "Yeah, just coming. Don't start till I come, or I break your face", I warned. Riyaansh did a little laugh and said,"Let's exhange our numbers" No, I can't do that. Save me God.

"My friends are in a hurry. I need to rush! Or else they'll kick my ass", I got up from the chair and did not hear his response and rushed to my friends. I faintly heard him calling my name from behind. No God, meeting him has consequences, and I am too weak to face any.

Akshita cut the cake, and we all clapped. She gave the first bite to Tarun. I kicked his leg from behind and whispered,"Thanks for stealing my friend dammit". She offered the second bite to me. "You still know me? Thank God, I thought you're too engrossed in your boyfriend to acknowledge my presence", I complained. She laughed and said,"I love you more than him Shally. He's just overhyped" I again eyed Tarun and claimed my victory by eating the slice!