THE ONE WITH JACKSON'S MOM & DAD.

📖Inspired by this TikTok clip of Jackson being talked to by Mama Sophia 📖

💚💚💚

"Jackson, you need to slow down." Mama said.

"I can't, ma. I had an English and Chinese album to release this year." Jackson replied.

"Listen to me, you have to slow down or something or you'll have a burn out." Mama Sophia told him.

Jackson just kept quiet and listened to his mom. His parents' opinion really mattered to him. He was glad that he was back home and able to see them when he was having a hard time. But....it was not the same. And his parents knew that. Them comforting him was great but not enough when he was somewhat struggling with work. Hence, his mom's intervention.

"Look, you've been working non-stop since you came back. Have you ever had a full week of rest?" His mother questioned.

Still listening, Jackson couldn't form an answer to his mother's question. She was right. He has been on the go, he spent more time in his studio or traveling around China than being in his own house.

"I heard from Isaac that you've deleted 8 songs because you weren't happy with it. You've been nitpicking at small little details. I know that your mind is everywhere. You need to calm down, baby." She said.

"As much as me and your father are here to listen to all your worries, we know deep inside that we can't fully understand what you're going through, professionally. If this is a matter of the heart, we can console or advise you. But this isn't about matters of the heart, right?"

Jackson sighed and mumbles slowly, "Nope. W-we're doing -" he stopped since he couldn't confidently say they're ok.

"I know you miss your brothers in Korea. Then, what are you waiting for? Go see them." Mama blurted out.

"Or is this about that fake dating news? You're worried that he might think it's true? Baby, you know he loves you very much. All these years, I don't think...no, I know he trusts you."

Jackson, who had been quiet the entire time, took a deep breath and finally spoke. "I'm not worried about the fake dating news. I mean, I was worried a little bit but we spoke about it. And he was very understanding and soothing when he told me everything will be ok."

"So, what's been bothering you?"

"I- I've been thinking about this for quite some time now, mom and I need to talk to you and dad about it." Jackson told him mom.

"I can tell this is something serious, baby. then let's go home and talk about it there."

They both hopped in Jackson's car and drove. Within 15 minutes they arrived home to be welcomed by his father.

"You're finally home. Where did the 2 of you go anyway?" His father asked.

"Hi, honey. Your son has something to tell us. Let's go to the living room." Mama Sophia said.

His parents sat down on the couch waiting for him to start talking.

"The floor's yours, baby. Go ahead."

"Mom. Dad. I want to apologize that I haven't been home lately or even if I'm home I haven't had time to stay longer. Works just...I just miss them."

"You miss Korea? You know, you can go see them anytime you want. You just had to go quarantine but isn't a small price to pay to see your brothers?" His father asked.

He nodded. "I know but I need to work harder here before I can see them. We all agreed to do everything we wanted for a year before thinking of our comeback as a group plus....we didn't sign to any label as a group so we need to figure everything out before a comeback."

"Then finish what you need here and go back there to put all your 7 minds to work and figure out how the 7 of you can come back as a group." His mother said.

"Don't you have Team Wang Records? Why don't you sign the group?" His father questioned.

"It's more complicated than that, dad." Jackson let out a frustrated groan.

"This is more than missing your brothers or the group's future, isn't it?" His father smiled.

"This is about you and Jinyoung that's making you like this, huh?" His mother added.

"I miss him terribly. FaceTime is not cutting it anymore. We've been almost a year apart and us being busy and rarely talking drives me insane."

"Then go see him, son. Again, what's preventing you from seeing him? Quarantine? He is worth so much for you to manage quarantine twice, isn't it?" His father asked.

"He is worth so much more. That-" Jackson stopped and looked at his hands. "I've been thinking a lot lately. Well, all I've been doing is work and if I'm not working my thoughts consist of Jinyoung lately."

"You want to ask for our blessing?" His father calmly inquired.

"H-how?" Jackson glanced at his father.

"I-I saw the box, while tidying up your room. Besides, we knew what you two have is forever. You both made it work out despite our countries are still somewhat not keen on same-sex relationship. And many fans seemed to love the idea of the 2 of you being together. I've seen those JinSon shipper edits. Your fans tagged me sometimes." Mama Sophia giggled.

"I can't see my future without him anymore. Everything I do is for our future. And when I'm overwhelmed he was the one to calm my mind." Jackson explained.

"If you thought about this long and hard, then, hop on that plane and give that ring to Jinyoung." His mother happily spoke.

"You're old enough and we already gave you our blessing the day you told us about you two. Jinyoung has been part of our family since then." His father informed him.

Jackson smiled widely and hugged his parents. "Thank you so much. I love you both. I have to pack, I have a plane to catch."

His parents hugged him tightly and happily said, "Bring him back here for a vacation. We miss him too."

💚💚💚

💚💚💚