Chapter One-A Charstein girl leaves her bedroom

New York;

1813

I

Sybilla Charstein, 17, had lived with her parents John and Margaret in a huge brown colored house in New York.

     She was born in 1796. It was a time that was fuelled by trouble. The Ports were rife with smugglers...and crime was just beginning to rear its ugly head. She knew that since she was young, nothing out of the ordinary had had even happened to her.

        Sybilla, who was an only child, loved her parents. John was a Banker; Mom was a homemaker. And they lived a simple-but well off middle class existance that had been so ordinary that it bordered on being boring.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sybilla, who was homeschooled, stared out of her bedroom window. The sparse room had blue colored curtains; a brown colored bed; two brown colored lamps to the left and right of the bed; and a brown colored closet that held her dresses, skirts, and  socks, and shoes.

            She had long, black colored hair, brown colored eyes, and tall.

            She wore a high-waisted pink colored dress, a white colored (single-breasted) jacket, a blue colored corset.

              And white colored pointed shoes on her small feet.

             And huge breasts.

              "It's so awful", Sybilla sighed. She glided around her bedroom. Nothing seemed wrong. And, for her, she needed something exciting in her life.

              And, for her, getting out her bedroom was important.

              "I'm leaving home", Sybilla said.

              And she opened her bedroom door, went downstairs, and opened the front door of the drab looking house, and was determined to make a better future for herself...

              ...Before it was too late.

Page 2