~13~ The Failed Attempt

"Did it work Mikey?" Pennywise giggled. "Tell them why your silly little ritual didn't work. Tell them it's all just...... what's the word Ed's? Gazebo?" Pennywise looked at Eddie, who froze. 

"Mike, what's he talking about?" asked Eddie nervously.

"M-M-Mikey?" Bill stuttered, looking at Mike.

Pennywise grinned. "Oh Mikey, you never showed them the full side did you? Didn't want them to know what happened to the poor Shokopawah?" He laughed manically as our faces turned with realization. 

"You fucker!" I screamed at Mike.

"Fuck Mikey! You lied to us again?" yelled Bill.

Mike looked pale. "They didn't believe they could kill IT! That's why it didn't work back then!"

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDING ME MIKE?" yelled Richie, pulling me behind him.

"Fuck you Mikey!" I screamed loudly.

"I needed something! Anything for us to remember!" Mike pleaded. "Anything for us to believe!"

"FUCK!" Richie yelled.

Bill grabbed it hair. "Goddamnit!"

Pennywise giggled and slunk back into the darkness. We flashed our flashlights through the spikes.

"Fuck, he's gone!" I whispered.

The three deadlights burst out of the artifact and rose up in the sky. We all screamed and shut our eyes tightly. 

"THE DEADLIGHTS!" Beverly yelled. "DON'T LOOK AT THEM!"

I could feel someone trying to grab me and I screamed out. "AHH FUCK LET GO YOU FUCKER!"

"IT'S ME IT'S ME OCTOBER!" Richie yelled. 

I felt around for his hand and grabbed it. I opened my eyes slightly as Pennywise crawled around the spikes. "Twenty-seven years, I dreamt of you." he emerged, showing that he had legs like spiders. "I craved you. Oh I missed you!"

We all started backing away, Richie trying to help me support my leg. 

"Mike! Get back!" I yelled to Mike, who was standing stock still, staring at Pennywise.

"Mike come one!" Eddie screamed. 

"I've been waiting for This. Very. Moment." Pennywise growled. 

"MIKE!" I screamed.

"GOTTA MOVE MIKEY!" Bill cried.

Mike shook his head. "I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

Pennywise turned his hand into a large sharp dagger. "Time to float!"

"FUCK! FUCK!" I screamed. 

We cowered away. 

"Oh shit!" Bill screamed.

Pennywise struck at Mike, but Bill ran and dragged him out of the way. 

"Get up come on!" Bill pulled Mike up. 

We ran for our lives as Pennywise crawled and jumped behind us. We were swearing and yelling.

"DON'T LOOK BACK!" I screamed, trying to run with my bad limp.

Soon, we all ran in random directions, going our separate ways.