~18~Epolugue

A year later, I was pacing in my dressing room. 

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh My God!" I cried.

"October, calm down you're going to be just fine." Beverly said, pulling me into a hug. 

"No! I'm not going to be fine." I breathed out. "I'm getting married. But... what if Richie doesn't want to stay married! Or what if-"

"October you shut you fucking mouth." she scolded. "Everything is going to be okay. Richie loves you. He loves you so much. You're just overthinking it. And it's fine, it's normal."

"How?" I asked, wrapping my arms around myself.

"How what?"

"How did you marry Ben? Were you scared?" I screeched. 

She laughed. "Oh I was absolutely terrified. It was so nerve-wracking, but I made it through. It turned out Ben was a complete mess too. Mike had told me."

I took a deep breath. "Okay. Okay, I can do this."

She grinned. "Yes you can."

There was a knock on my door. Bill poked his head in. "October, it's time. Are you ready?"

I nodded. "Ready."

Beverly was my maid of honour, and Bill was the best man. He was also the one walking me down the aisle. 

I hooked my arm through my best friends arm, and we started walking down a aisle. The music was playing, and everyone turned to look at me. I caught the eyes of Mike and Ben. They both grinned at me. I finally had the courage to look up at Richie as I walked. His eyes were glued to me, tears springing in them. When I reached the end, I stood in front of Richie. 

"Hey trashmouth." I whispered. 

"Hey trashmouth number two." he whispered back. 

The marriage officiant started to speak, but Richie and I were completely lost in each others eyes. I still couldn't believe this was happening. 

"Can we hurry this up?" blurted out Richie. "I want to kiss her already!"

Lot's of people in the audience started to laugh. 

"Richie!" I grinned. 

The marriage officiant cleared his throat. "Do you take October to be your lawfully wedded wife?" 

Richie nodded. "I do!" 

"And do you-"

"I do!" I cut him off. 

The marriage officiant sighed. "Then you may now- oh ok."

He stopped short when I threw my arms around Richie and smashed my lips on top of his. Everyone cheered and clapped as we pulled away. 

At the ceremony, everyone was congratulating us. I felt my eyes drift towards two empty seats. They were reserved for Eddie and Stan.

"My weird old cousin keeps telling me that was a dumb thing to do." Richie said, following my gaze. 

"What do you think about it?" I asked. 

He smiled at me. "I think it's the smartest thing in the world. I'm sure they're watching us together."

Tears sprang in my eyes. 

Richie hugged me. "I love you Stupid October. So much."

"You're an asshole." I kissed him. "But I love you too."