bonus - the first smile

i was walking down the street, alone, sad, hurt, tired... there was nothing that could cheer me up. not even my favorite game, food, serie nor my favorite song.

my life was a mess.

at least, before you appear in my life. when you appeared everything gained color again. everything was shining and beautiful. so were you and your smile.

you appeared from nothing. i was looking down at my shoes. old and dirty. i didn't mind them, i didn't had money to have a better ones. i bumped into you. i fell, maybe because i wasn't eating correctly at the time.

you helped me to stand up. i was in shock, no one had ever help me until that moment.

after i was back in feet i mumbled a sorry. you said there was no problem and you were sorry too. you didn't smile, but your eyes were so expressive.

oh god, i miss them...

after one week or two, i was in the supermarket. you were there too. pure coincidence.

you looked at me and said "hey i know you" with the biggest smile on your face. my stomach was full of butterflies and i was speechless. how can someone have such a gorgeous smile?

i still ask that question when i look at your picture. you were so beautiful...

i couldn't say anything. my mind was full by your smile. the words wouldn't get out of my tongue, they were stuck, so i just smiled back. you started laughing. it was on of the most pleasant sounds that i heard in my entire life.

i wish i could hear it one more time again.

the smile you gave me that day made me fell in love with you. i think i was already in love since the first moment i saw you. but in that exact moment your smile gave me such a comfort that i didn't felt for so long.

i was so amazed by your smile that i can't remember what happened after in that day. maybe it was because i didn't ate and i fainted. but i like to think that it was because your smile that could turn the cruel reality off.

thank you for smiling that day.

you saved me, but i couldn't save you.

i'm sorry...

mark, 07.04.22