How do I learn to love myself?

Tw: Blood

Camilo shoved the photo back into the box, and put it underneath his bed.
He closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead.

He's everywhere, WHY?!

He started to breathe faster and heavier, and forced his eyes shut.

No, just.....calm down Camilo, he left years ago, he can't hurt you anymore..

Slowly his breathing returned back to normal and he relaxed his face.

There's still so much time left before the ceremony starts, I should just lie here for a bit.....

.....yeah, I'll do that..

A couple minutes that had passed seemed like hours to him, since he had so much stuff going on in his mind. Soon enough, he got bored and decided to do something productive.
As soon as he got up however, he once again, saw his reflection in one of the many mirrors laid out in his room. The sudden and unexpected sight of it made him jump a little bit. He was going to look away like he normally would.

But this time, he felt as if he physically couldn't. He really did want to, but something about it made him think he didn't have the option to.

This......this is what I look like.......

I'm getting so panicked over my reflection, and for what reason?!

Why can't I look away?!

Camilo started to breathe uncontrollably again, sweating.
He could feel hot tears start to blur his vision and everything around him.

Except the mirror.

In a flash, he jumped off the bed, sprinted towards the mirror, curled his fist, and smashed through the glass.
Thousands of shards hit the ground, breaking into even smaller pieces.

Camilo looked down at his hand, covered in blood. He tried not to scream due to the excruciating pain he felt at that moment. He clutched his wrist and took very quick, sharp breaths, as a poor attempt to reduce the pain. He slowly let go of his wrist and carefully traced his other hand along his palm. It took him every ounce of will he had not to cry out in extreme agony, realising that dozens small shards of glass had gotten stuck inside his hand.

Despite the awful damage he had just experienced, Camilo assured himself that it was worth it not to see his face in just one mirror.

A couple moments went by, Camilo slowly started to feel the pain reduce. Of course it still hurt badly, but he could feel his regular breathing pace return.

Then he heard a knock at his door.

"Camilo? What happened? I heard something break," A voice behind said.

It took Camilo a few moments to realise it was Mirabels voice.

Camilo looked down at his bloodied hand, then the broken glass.

Shit, I can't let her see me like this! I have to cover this up somehow.

He frantically looked around for anything that could prevent anyone from seeing the bloody mess he had made. Camilo ran to his closet and pulled out a white glove that stuck out near the bottom. He slid it on his wounded hand and turned to the door.

"Camilo? Can you hear me?"

Camilo began running to the door.

"Camilo if you're not gonna answer, I'm going to come in."